Ferries from mainland Spain to Ibiza

beatpusher

I'll be heading out from Barcelona so I thought why not try out the ferries to ibiza this time around? anybody tried them? Are they boring old ferries or are they cool places to meet people / have fun?

Balaeria.net

Hi there,

we travelled from Denia, to Ibiza usind Balaeria.net (sorry for spelling) - it was great.....left Denia at 8am, took about 2 hours - and the ferry was great. Really spacious, a small bar serving alcohol, beers and a few spirits and mixers - absolutely LOADS of areas to sit, so great if you want a quiet area, or just sit near the bar, and there is normally flat screen tvs on with some general music. There were loads of groups of mixed guys/girls, with their cd players, playing funky music sat with a corona or 2, getting in the mood.

I totally recommend it. One tip - have your shorts on ready for when you get off - as the heat hits you - and for girls,get your bikini on underneath so you can whip top, trousers off when you get off the ferry.

The view is totally amazing as you come into Ibiza.

p.s - its totally fine to take drinks on board with you, so stock up your bag. Also if you dont book online, get there early - when we went - we had booked online, but for those who hadnt, were queuing from 5am ( office opened at 6am ) to make sure they got on!

ENJOY x

just for the view when you arrives,take it once in your life.

800px-ForbysIbizaTown_02.jpg

Hi there,

we travelled from Denia, to Ibiza usind Balaeria.net (sorry for spelling) - it was great.....left Denia at 8am, took about 2 hours - and the ferry was great. Really spacious, a small bar serving alcohol, beers and a few spirits and mixers - absolutely LOADS of areas to sit, so great if you want a quiet area, or just sit near the bar, and there is normally flat screen tvs on with some general music. There were loads of groups of mixed guys/girls, with their cd players, playing funky music sat with a corona or 2, getting in the mood.

I totally recommend it. One tip - have your shorts on ready for when you get off - as the heat hits you - and for girls,get your bikini on underneath so you can whip top, trousers off when you get off the ferry.

The view is totally amazing as you come into Ibiza.

p.s - its totally fine to take drinks on board with you, so stock up your bag. Also if you dont book online, get there early - when we went - we had booked online, but for those who hadnt, were queuing from 5am ( office opened at 6am ) to make sure they got on!

ENJOY x

Cool thanks man. I think I'm going to do it. Can't wait for June to roll along

I went to Ibiza last year by Baleria Ferry from Barcelona in September.
Took a good 7 hours but it was definitely worth it.
Had a little bar on board and a restaurant too which had a large range of meals.

I went on my own but people quickly came up talking to me as everyone was really friendly, there weren't that many people on board, say 50 at most.

It sailed from 23:00 overnight and got to Ibiza for around 6:00 and i spent all that time playing card & drinking games with 2 American girls, and 3 guys from Germany, Ibiza and Barcelona.

I would definitely recommend it.

I'm heading over from Barcelona on the transmediterranea ferry on the 19th July coming back on the 26th - all booked on the aferry site. Did consider heading down to Valencia and getting the quicker route but calculated it would just be cancelled out on the journey down the coast

did the crossing as a kid on a sailing boat which was massive fun in between the seasickness...

the tras ferries have swimming pool, cinema, disco, gym, bars, restaurants, quite nice cabins and the best dog kennels in the med

Hi there,

we travelled from Denia, to Ibiza usind Balaeria.net (sorry for spelling) - it was great.....left Denia at 8am, took about 2 hours - and the ferry was great.

I did the same, except for the 'great' part, as after 30 minutes I started to feel queasy and spent the next hour and a half in the toilets chucking my insides up! I was perfectly fine on the trip back though, so there must have been something with that first journey, either they were going fast over rough waters or I just eventually got used to sailing the seven seas or something.

Evolution said:
Took a good 7 hours but it was definitely worth it.

I do not want to know what 7 hours on a ferry feels like!

When ever i've used the ferry Barcelona - Ibiza crossing with Transmed/Balearia i've alway's treated the crossing like a mini booze cruise where by the Barcelona Port arrival area is a good starting point for getting to know any fellow travellers. Then whilst onboard it's off upto the top deck for sunbathing, drinking & again meeting fellow happy people who are set on having a good time by getting into the Ibiza Spirit before arrival:D Such a past time is more difficult by Plane.:(

I must add that the Transmed ferries years ago were of a standard only for transporting Cattle given the poor state such ferries were in.

Back