Feeling faint

Emma_1983

Every so often I seem to go through periods of feeling faint and dizzy, it seems to be more when I am really concentrating on something.

For example, just standing chatting to a colleague. I start to feel odd and faint, I try to concentrate on what she is staying and feel worse. So for fear of actually fainting I sit down and chat to her and its not so bad.

What the fcuk is going on? Could it be lack of sugar? Do I need to go do the doctors and get a dreaded blood test? (fear of needles)

Its starting to get somewhat embarassing. :?:oops:

Is your colleague really boring? :lol: Or maybe they smell really bad? :lol: So it's hard to concentrate.

Actually I have a friend who started to faint recently and found out she is diabetic

go get it checked out Em.

better safe than sorry, and could well be something really simple to sort out.

It could be stress / anxiety, when you are feeling rundown / a bit low your body does some crazy things to you. Make sure you are getting lots of rest, eating the right things, exercising etc.

It could also be Hypogycaemia or something blood sugar related. Just try and avoid processed, sugary foods and also eat at regular times, dont ever skip a meal.

If it's only just started maybe give it a week and see if you feel better, lots of things can make you feel a bit dizzy. If it carries on then see your GP for some advice :)

I get this also but i think its a side effect of my pill :spank:

It could be something as simple as low iron levels or low sugar levels but i think its best to get it checked out but i think it will mean a blood test :cry:

I get this also but i think its a side effect of my pill :spank:

It could be something as simple as low iron levels or low sugar levels but i think its best to get it checked out but i think it will mean a blood test :cry:

I did wonder if it was something to do with my pill. I am not sure if its always at that time of the month. But I do remember a few years back my pill making me feel faint at the time of the month. And me nearly collaspsing once at work - had to sort myself out with a sugar fix :lol:

So that has crossed my mind. But then I do think I have felt it NOT that time of the month.

If that makes sense. :lol:

I did wonder if it was something to do with my pill. I am not sure if its always at that time of the month. But I do remember a few years back my pill making me feel faint at the time of the month. And me nearly collaspsing once at work - had to sort myself out with a sugar fix :lol:

So that has crossed my mind. But then I do think I have felt it NOT that time of the month.

If that makes sense. :lol:

Yes it does :lol:

Check the long list of side effects and see if its down there ;). Mine makes me feel faint & dizzy all times of the month :rolleyes:, are you on the same as me? Cerazette.

weirdly someone at work nearly passed out just now , she had to sit down n calm herself n is fine now.Stress i think

Despite not being menstrual, I get faint from time to time. I went to Docs to get it checked and they do a test ( not a blood test if you don't fancy that, just weeing on a stick at home, then if thats positive, weeing in a cup in the Docs ). Anyway, I was told I had low sugar level etc. and failed those tests, but when they asked me back to decide how to 'manage' it properly I declined and now manage it with Mars bars. Easy job. Although if you were a bit older I would say get it sorted properly, mine isn't as bad as it used to be though.

Yes it does :lol:

Check the long list of side effects and see if its down there ;). Mine makes me feel faint & dizzy all times of the month :rolleyes:, are you on the same as me? Cerazette.

No mine is Cilest. When I first went on it I had lots of weird symptoms but they have calmed down now (mostly crying for no reason what a weirdo :lol:). But yeah my body seems to have got used to it...or maybe its where I have been on it for so long I just dont think it could be that.

Maybe I will have a look through my leaflet at home ;)

But i really really really dont want a blood test :oops::lol:
A doctor will want to check first if you have low blood sugar which is a simple urine test. A pregnancy test might also be done!!! (so no needles yay!). If nothing shows up there then blood tests will follow to check for an under active thyroid gland, liver function and anaemia. You'll be alright- it's only a little pr1ck with a needle (but it depends on what he's going to do with it!).
*b-dum tish* Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week8)

A doctor will want to check first if you have low blood sugar which is a simple urine test. A pregnancy test might also be done!!! (so no needles yay!). If nothing shows up there then blood tests will follow to check for an under active thyroid gland, liver function and anaemia. You'll be alright- it's only a little pr1ck with a needle (but it depends on what he's going to do with it!).
*b-dum tish* Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week8)

:eek::eek::eek:

:lol:

Thanks for all the replies people. I think I will go to the docs and check myself out. Better to be safe then sorry after all. We have a new nice helpful doctor at our place so maybe I will go see her. My other doctor is way too happy to just write out prescriptions and be done with it :confused:

Every so often I seem to go through periods of feeling faint and dizzy, it seems to be more when I am really concentrating on something.

For example, just standing chatting to a colleague. I start to feel odd and faint, I try to concentrate on what she is staying and feel worse. So for fear of actually fainting I sit down and chat to her and its not so bad.

What the fcuk is going on? Could it be lack of sugar? Do I need to go do the doctors and get a dreaded blood test? (fear of needles)

Its starting to get somewhat embarassing. :?:oops:

It could be lack of sugar (hypoglycemia) or it might be something else. I would def. go see a doctor and get yourself checked out.

Back