FAO anyone: Serious @ the Cross - How good?!?!?

shinysy

Alright, i`m in the twilight of my clubbing yrs.(35) but still love it as much as i did back when i first started, i`ve promised myself that i`ll try & quit in october when i`ll have been clubbing 10yrs:D or :mad: ?!?! - Personally i dont think i`ll be able to do it, but its all gotta end sometime right?!?!?
Thing is, b./f i pack it all in i want to go to the last few places that are worth doing that i have`nt tried b/f, heard ppl banging on about Serious @ the Cross on a few boards & wanna know what its reallly like? What it is that makes it so oustanding? underground feel? the venue? the Crowd? sound system? residents etc?
I`m planning on getting a few of my mates together to go to the 7th birthday on 16th august, i`ll be travelling down from darlington on the kings cross express, doing the night then going back the next morning, its gonna be costly, BUT i think it`ll be money well spent, tell me all about it!?!? Any line up info yet?
I`m also planning on doing Slinky @ the Opera house & Inside Out in the next few months, anyware else worth doing? The
Gallery?!?!

:) ShinySY!:)

The cross is quite dressed up but generally friendly. The Cross is a bit small for the number of peeps in there, it can get quite 'bargey' on the dancefloor. Never been to Serious but the sound system at the cross is high quality.

The Gallery is fun but, again, Turnmills gets a bit packed. Try Fabric (high quality soundz) or The End, or the new places Coronet or Egg (neither which ive tried

The Cross is good esp in summer cos you can dance outside, the only problem is like Rusty said they pack too many people into it and busy nights gets rammed, I should imagine Serious bday will be one of those nights.

Yay Gallery is good for trance. Don't really rate Slinky, went a couple of years ago, ok but quite a young crowd, too many cybers for my liking.

the cross is a favourite club and out of all the events there serious pack less people in, and imo they are the best night there/

Renaissance and other nights on the other hand go silly and pack far to many people in... Keep the serious, unless u like something strange and go drama at the cross, but only go if your open minded :eek:

Been to the Cross a couple of times before not my fave club, bit crowded, but show me a club thats not! Anyway, Im off to the Cross for Serious on Saturday....will give you my review on Sunday...ooops no make that Monday! 8)

IBIZALISA said:
Been to the Cross a couple of times before not my fave club, bit crowded, but show me a club thats not! Anyway, Im off to the Cross for Serious on Saturday....will give you my review on Sunday...ooops no make that Monday! 8)

Cool, do you know who's playing?

Serious @ The Cross brings with it 'Dusted' feat. Norman Jay and residents like Rob Marmot, Mr Pink, Rebekah and my personal fave, Henry Burrows - if you're into your funky house, it doesn't get any better than this, IMO - and I reckon it's the nicest crowd in London 8)

The Cross is my favourite club in London. I love going to Serious there, especially during the summer when you can dance outside.
Generally a good crowd too. I dont think you will be disappointed but there is the slight problem that it can get too packed though.
But unless your dead set on being in the middle of the dance floor, you will find a nice place with a bit of room.

just stand at the back of the main room, then if hot walk out side. Plus the speakers are at the back so u can hear everything alot better :D

Back