Fallen in love again

Digital2013

To be honest at the end of Ibiza 2018 I felt a bit flat about Ibiza, prices had gone up and up and generally felt like the mood had changed to fleece the tourists at every moment of the day.

That combined with an uninspired music scene (both the EDM scene and the more underground scene) the early Westend closing times and the Sankeys end of Bossa becoming rundown, left me questioning whether I wanted to return to essentially pay more for a weaker product. I'd also admit that now im in my 30s my ability to eat.sleep.rave.repeat has diminished, now need an off day after a heavy night!

A few weeks ago on Skysanner I spotted something mythical, something I didnt beleive existed a £40 Ryanair return flight! So booked a short stay in sleepy Sant Miguel and I've had a great time.

Drove around to places ive never been before: Benirras, Cala D'Hort, Cala D'Serra, Portinatx, Cala Comte and absolutely loving the scenery and vibe at this time of year on the island. Weather has of course been more inconsistent, with a chillier start to the day and a few clouds here and there, but has been great to sit and watch the world go by without feeling rushed like you do in summer.

For anyone feeling disolusioned with the island May (and September and October) are the way to go. Ill return in Summer one year, and cant deny id have done 1 big night out if the clubs were open this week, but feeling staying somewhere more remote even with the extra Taxi fares are the way to go.

Anyone else had a similar trip that brings the magic back?

For me, they were all magical trips. The thing that I like about the place is that it changes with you and you adapt to it.

I do think that the older you get the more you appreciate seeing other parts of the island, but even then the idea of having the option to go "balls deep" partying is comforting. My trip later this month will be about 3 weeks, and I intend to go out to 3-4 club nights, total. My modus operandi from my last trip (and going forward) is to spend a time in San Antonio to soak in the pheromones and remind me of the beautiful chaos, then time in Portinatx relaxing with excursions south and nights out when I am up for it.

We took last year off and booked a trip over easter just gone as a cheap short break. Loved every minute. Had the opportunity of a night out but also just really enjoyed spending time looking around the island

To be honest at the end of Ibiza 2018 I felt a bit flat about Ibiza, prices had gone up and up and generally felt like the mood had changed to fleece the tourists at every moment of the day.

That combined with an uninspired music scene (both the EDM scene and the more underground scene) the early Westend closing times and the Sankeys end of Bossa becoming rundown, left me questioning whether I wanted to return to essentially pay more for a weaker product. I'd also admit that now im in my 30s my ability to eat.sleep.rave.repeat has diminished, now need an off day after a heavy night!

A few weeks ago on Skysanner I spotted something mythical, something I didnt beleive existed a £40 Ryanair return flight! So booked a short stay in sleepy Sant Miguel and I've had a great time.

Drove around to places ive never been before: Benirras, Cala D'Hort, Cala D'Serra, Portinatx, Cala Comte and absolutely loving the scenery and vibe at this time of year on the island. Weather has of course been more inconsistent, with a chillier start to the day and a few clouds here and there, but has been great to sit and watch the world go by without feeling rushed like you do in summer.

For anyone feeling disolusioned with the island May (and September and October) are the way to go. Ill return in Summer one year, and cant deny id have done 1 big night out if the clubs were open this week, but feeling staying somewhere more remote even with the extra Taxi fares are the way to go.

Anyone else had a similar trip that brings the magic back?

I've been going now since 2010. This September will be my 14th visit. I went in January of this year for an event but the rest of that trip was just dining out in Ibiza town. I'll be 31 by my next visit. I'm far from past it and can still easily last the night but the problems start when I get back these days. Where as a good sleep and some fruit used to see me ready to go again a few days after returning home. Now I'm shitting blood for a week afterwards ? I'll always do Ibiza at least once a year till I can't physically make it anymore. This will probably be my last year staying in San an though. As you say, their killing the west end and the only thing luring me there musically, Tropi trance bar has completely changed. I've only been to the north twice and one of them was in March so not alot was open. Next year I'll still do a couple of trance nights but I'm ready to move on to stage 2 of my Ibiza journey now and spend my nights at benirras etc. Went Cyprus two weeks ago and actually came back feeling like I'd been away rather than in an SAS training camp ?

Last edited:
Back