Fabric London 12th Birthday Weekender 22/10 - 24/10

thats room 2, only open saturday night. room 1 is open whole time. room 3 re opens at some point sunday after saturday. ie it scales down for sunday afternoon then its rm 1 and 3 for sunday night/monday morning

thats room 2, only open saturday night. room 1 is open whole time. room 3 re opens at some point sunday after saturday. ie it scales down for sunday afternoon then its rm 1 and 3 for sunday night/monday morning

Ah - I see !! More likely to make Sunday than Saturday now if I make it up there, but we'll see.

Game plan involves meeting up with a few mates, probably going to smithfields for 10am or so for a nice breakfast. (hopefully not wait as long as last year)

Then head down to see what happens 8)

Last year we made a pub break around 8pm or so to break the day up a bit, then went back for the final stint.

We were in there for nearly 15 hours over all :lol:

haha really! we never made it to rendesvous that time. gimme a holla , you never know , im not workin monday so think will be doing 2 shifts at Faberche'

eerrgghhh just about survived the marathon session.

Didnt enjoy the musc as much as last year, but it was still good fun.

Just got in as Villalobos finished his morning set and left the booth.. jesus he looked in a right state!:lol:

Really enjoyed Terry Francis set till 4pm. My favourite of the day. mixture of tough house and funky type techno which was what was needed for that time of day. Bit gutted they didnt open the blinds in the maim room like they did last year to let natural light in.

Lee Foss and Moodyman were good in parts, but dropped some pretty boring tracks every now and again in my opinion .

Ended up in room 3 for large parts as the kubicle gang were on good form.

Saw most of Villalobos late night set, and again, for me it was a bit hit and miss. I've never really ever heard a whole set I've enjoyed from him yet. Maybe it's just I'm not into his music and someone would disagree and say he played a blinder... not sure.
I always consider him and Richie Hawtin to play similar stuff yet i've always really rated Hawtin's sets much more.

Marc i annoyingly deleted your number at some point, hope you had a good time.

Ended up in room 3 for large parts as the kubicle gang were on good form.

Marc i annoyingly deleted your number at some point, hope you had a good time.

I often retreat to Room 3.. can be a great relief when the crowding starts downstairs ! Did you catch Droog ? Was the one set I really regret not making as they're quite hard to see over here and great after-hours stuff.

It does start feeling really debauched :)spank:) in Fabric in the mornings when you go out into the daylight for a fag and then return to the darkness of room 1 or 2 which still feel like a real late night session :)

Can't believe you bungled another Spotlight meet :lol:

Did you catch Droog ? Was the one set I really regret not making as they're quite hard to see over here and great after-hours stuff.

Can't believe you bungled another Spotlight meet :lol:

Can't say if I did see Droog or not :oops:

I probably did though as I spent a good 3 or 4 hours in there :twisted:

haha.. the last time I did try to meet you, it was just the terrace in DC-10 was probably not the easiest place to do it :lol:

haha.. the last time I did try to meet you, it was just the terrace in DC-10 was probably not the easiest place to do it :lol:

Always probably best before hitting the clubs .. gets nigh on impossible once things are in full swing.... and of decresing importance by the minute :lol:

Wow! This sounded like a great party!! Wish I had been there.

I haven't been top Fabric in about 6 years and have heard reports of it not being so good anymore, but this night sounded like a blast!!

Ive wondered tho where would the shutters open too? where are they located at street level?

Yeah, they mus be at street level, they are at the back of the main room, im not sure where that is in relation to charterhouse street though.. :oops:

Utagaura, i really only go the birthday these days, although the Jacques Lu Cont and DJ Falcon night in November is very very tempting for me

Back