Fabric 13 - Michael Mayer

Robo

http://www.fabriclondon.com/label.artist.album.fabric.php?artist=michaelmayer&release=fab13/mic

artistpage_michaelmayer.jpg

artistpage_fabric13.jpg

Michael Mayer is one of Europe’s underground superstars. His time is split between producing tracks (his debut album is forthcoming), DJing globally (he tours Japan and the US in late 2003) and overseeing the distribution of many of Europe’s underground labels. He works at Kompakt, a business incorporating a vibrant release schedule, recording studios, distribution centres and a gigantic record store, all in the heart of Cologne. Every Friday Michael eats with best pals and fellow Kompakt artists Tobias Thomas and Aksel Superpitcher, before partying at Total Confusion, their Studio 672 clubnight.

‘Fabric 13’ displays the components that make Michael Mayer and Kompakt essential. It was made in one-take on a Monday afternoon in an empty Studio 672. Alongside minimal techno there’s killer acid, low-slung eighties grooves, heart-stealing strings, live drums, a heap of melody and no purist sensibilities.

Heiko Voss - I Think About You (Geiger Mix)
Kompakt
Richard Davis - Bring Me Closer
240 Volts
Westbam and Nena - Oldschool, Baby (Piano Mix)
Low Spirit
Richard Davis - In The Air (Further’s Acid Relapse Edit)
Punkt
Robag Wruhme & Wighnomy Brothers - Killerteppich
Music Krause
Thomas Schaeben - Busted
Firm
Villalobos - Easy Lee
Playhouse
Magnet - Abendstern
Kompakt
Superpitcher - Mushroom
Kompakt
M83 and Benoit Villeneuve - Run Into Flowers (Jackson Remix)
EMI
Thomas Schaeben & Geiger Ft Schad Privat - Really Real
Firm
Le Dust Sucker - Love Me
Plong!
Heiko Voss - I Think About You (Original Mix)
Kompakt

sweeeeeeeetttttt

contains 4 of my biggest tracks i'm playin at mo:

Villalobos - Easy Lee
Robag Wruhme & Wighnomy Brothers - Killerteppich
Le Dust Sucker - Love Me
Richard Davis - Bring Me Closer

dirty, squelchy, germany house/techno all the way.

can't wait to hear!

Back