Evolution Of Chicago House 1980-1990

Robo

Mixed by Marshall Jefferson

How good!

533742_CD_L_F.jpg

Who better to paint the definitive picture of early house music than the Godfather himself? Marshall picks and mixes all the seminal cuts from Farley Jackmaster Funk, Frankie Knuckles and Fingers Inc, Phuture, ESG et al. Classic stuff, including excellent liner notes featuring an exclusive interview with Marshall himself.

Disc 1

1. Come Go With Me
2. You've Got That Something
3. I Can't Turn Around
4. Caught Up In A One Affair
5. Let No Man Put Asunder
6. You Saved My Day
7. Your Love
8. Can You Feel It
9. Let The Music Move You
10. Mystery Of Love
11. Time Marches On
12. Don't Make Me Wait
13. You Don't Know
14. Acid Trax
15. I've Lost Control

Disc 2

1. Moody
2. No Way Back
3. Promise Land
4. Mind Games
5. Move Your Body
6. Devotion
7. String Free
8. Someday
9. You Used To Hold Me
10. 7 Ways To Jack
11. I'll Never Let You Go
12. Love Can't Turn Around
13. Like This
14. Ain't No Mountain Hig Enough

Out now.

www.virginmegastores.co.uk

We heard a set a bit like that from Terry Hunter at Luxe on Friday, he was amazing :D

Robo said:
N8 said:
We heard a set a bit like that from Terry Hunter at Luxe on Friday, he was amazing :D

sweeeetttt :p

On the Marshall jefferson theme, the funniest thing was on fri morning when i was driving Terry hunter back from the airport and we were chatting all about House and Chicago, and the 80's,90's etc and i asked him what his fave song was. He said Marshall jefferson Move your body, and i so happened to have it in my CD things and we ended up bopping and rocking all over the M1 :lol: 8) :lol:

N8 said:
On the Marshall jefferson theme, the funniest thing was on fri morning when i was driving Terry hunter back from the airport and we were chatting all about House and Chicago, and the 80's,90's etc and i asked him what his fave song was. He said Marshall jefferson Move your body, and i so happened to have it in my CD things and we ended up bopping and rocking all over the M1 :lol: 8) :lol:

swwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!! :p :p

i love old skool house. gotta be said. i love 'let no man putusunder' nut i also like the old silvetti - spring rain. Then again... i'm a bit wasted at the mo so prob the drink talkin!

just bought this album. great album from of the pioneers of house music.

i was reading the sleeve notes and it said this....

......So, now we go forward some 16 years later, to Bilericay, Essex in the U.K. where i met up with Marshall again.......

This is where i live, i wonder if Marshall Jefferson lives here as well :eek:

i doubt it, but it would cool to see him in the local curry house! :p

Just exchanged "Trance Party 2003" for this, lol. Gotta love Secret Santa's... ah, this is much, much better... :lol:

Back