Euros/sterling

M

missylis

I am wondering wether to get all euros in cash, sterling cheques or euro cheques, what is best.I will be getting a safety box on arrival at accomodation, please help :confused:

i usually take all cash, especially if im getting a saftey deposit box, you are insured for lost/stolen cash on travel insurance, but it's not as easy to replace as travellers cheques. If you take sterling trav cq's you get a better exchange rate over there.

EX MONEY

I GOT 142 EUROS TO THE £ HERE LAST WEEK .ILKESTON COOP TRAVEL.THE MORE YOU GET THE BETTER THE RATE.I HAVE FOUND YOU JUST GET A LITTLE LESS IN IBIZA.

Got all my euros in Lunn poly 480euros to 350 quid free comission not sure if this was good, but I no the euro is crap. :evil:

missylis said:
Got all my euros in Lunn poly 480euros to 350 quid free comission not sure if this was good, but I no the euro is crap. :evil:
Thats not a bad deal, but it depends on when you get it. The euro conversion rate is so up and down its hard to know what is a good deal although I think that its a good idea to get currency from the bank or the post office to get the best deal as travel agents buy currency in bulk and sell it at a rate that they choose eliminating the "commission charges" which makes them look better.

I ranted on about exchange rates before setting off this year, took 1000 euros, and then proceeded to make 7 * 300 euro withdrawls from atm's. Why does Ibiza make you lose all sense of reality???????

until you get home and look at your statements - OMG

I keep such things a secret from my dearly beloved, we would never go on holiday again otherwise!!

Back