Essential Mixes

Always surprised me how much people lost their shit over Luciano's stripped down mix of Love Dose. Its ok, but the original is a straight up classic for me. Its like duelling banjos between a 303 and a synth. Second track in.

Not saying its a favourite and i'd never thought i'd be saying this BUT David Guettas from Friday isn't what you'd expect and its actually pretty good

Not saying its a favourite and i'd never thought i'd be saying this BUT David Guettas from Friday isn't what you'd expect and its actually pretty good

Heard a few folk say this now. Curiosity is going to get the better of me.

Ha ha just listened to that very good. A mate heard him in new york few years ago and he played similar set.

Don't be fooled! That guetta mix is all lazily selected classics. French kiss, man with red face, liberty city, alcatraz, ultra nate etc which we've all heard a zillion times before.

I don't see the point of packing a mix with classics. It's boring and lazy. And it's 2015. What is interesting though that he's flirting with real house after years of sonic sewage. That suggests the abuse he was getting stung or that he thinks he's reached the end of his former persona's shelflife and wants to adopt a cooler image...? Either way, the man is a monster and must be resisted at all costs.

I don't see the point of packing a mix with classics. It's boring and lazy. And it's 2015. What is interesting though that he's flirting with real house after years of sonic sewage. That suggests the abuse he was getting stung or that he thinks he's reached the end of his former persona's shelflife and wants to adopt a cooler image...? Either way, the man is a monster and must be resisted at all costs.

BBC \ Pete Tong asked him to go back and do a essential mix with the music that influenced him, that he used to play when he first got in to DJing.
So going back into your own record collection and digging stuff out isn't always lazy.

Also who says he isn't cool with what he does? Loads of people love him currently.
He's a big commercial name. A lot of people think he's the bomb. (Rightly or wrongly, it's subjective anyway)
Ones mans garbage is another mans treasure.

Back