Essential Mixes

Above & Beyond's for me was great :), as was Cosmic Gates.
Not heard many of the others tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maya Jane Coles was really good , really put her sound across.
Wasnt such a fan of Seth Troxlers was hoping for a belter but wasnt feeling it.

Listened to Sasha from Global Gathering in 2006 the other day , a guilty pleasure!

High Contrasts mix from 2003 is immense

Seth Troxler

Not stopped listening to this, love it!

For me:

Derrick Carter - nice bit of boompty boomp!
Maya Jane Coles - has grown on me over time and is a firm ipod favourite.

and even the Pete Tong special made my ears perk up, not just for the 'where was I when I heard this first' thought process but also for the contribution he's made to the music we live and love today......

Carl Craig's is not bad.

much prefer the esential mixes from the 90's though - The brothers in Rhythm's one is one of my fav's. :D

Carl Craig's is not bad.

much prefer the esential mixes from the 90's though - The brothers in Rhythm's one is one of my fav's. :D

Amazing mix, we were listening to that in the hotel in Benidorm a few weeks ago. The Jose Padilla one from around the same time is good also.

Most recent EM which I've really liked was Alan Fitzpatrick:) most of the others have been a bit meh tbh all are listened to though as I record them each week on the freesat box and the few that I like are copied to the pc and converted to mp3 for the iPod:)

Most memorable EM of all time for me was Paul Oakenfolds Goa Mix8)

My essential mix of the year

little-mix_1421301a.jpg

I’ve just listened to Daft Punk 1997 for the first time, it's ridiculous. I will be smashing on tonight when i get home and turning it up loud. :):)

Back