Espalmador sold

Isn't Solliplop's girlfriend from Luxembourg.. maybe after parties at the house on the island..

Interesting and possibly sad. Good news is the whole island is under a protected area, bad news is it reads like they COULD ban visitors; and even if they did, if people turned up on the beaches what could they do about it? Of course if they do ban visitors no doubt there would be a mass protest on the island doing the opposite of what they want!

What are the regulations for using beaches? AFAIK in the UK beaches are legal for anyone to use - maybe up to high water, maybe the whole beach (no idea) so what are the Spanish regulations? I've never seen a prohibited beach or any fenced off (I believe I have in Italy which could explain a little why Italinas like to come to Spain?)>

And for those paddling across from the pronomotery, at which point are they on the island and trespassing...half way? Out of the water??

But I would imagine it's more trouble than it's worth banning folks from the beaches, but they could put notices up banning people from walking round the island, and charge for a dip in the mud!

Does anybody know, if there is still a direct ferry from Ibiza (Port /PDB) to Espalmador?
or if the ferry from La Savina to Espalmador is operating?
We'll be staying in Ibiza form Sep 24th to 03rd October, and i would love to finally visit Espalmador.
On the Website https://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/formentera/espalmador_i.htm it says you can go by the formentera Explorer, which we woulnd't want to, as we just want to go over, without any glitter, and the site for aquabus is not accessable

I wouldn't know of a direct one from ibiza for sure.

and I truly don't know if there's still one from la savina.

sorry for once i'm not much help!

@Willamette the Formentera Explorer doesn't actually go to the shore of Espalmador this year anyway. It only gets as close as the shallows. Conceivably, you could swim to shore if you desired, as the boat drops anchor for a short period of time. You would only get a few minutes there before you had to swim back.

I also researched ways to get there from directly from Ibiza earlier this summer, as it indeed seems there isn't a service.

@Willamette the Formentera Explorer doesn't actually go to the shore of Espalmador this year anyway. It only gets as close as the shallows. Conceivably, you could swim to shore if you desired, as the boat drops anchor for a short period of time. You would only get a few minutes there before you had to swim back.

I also researched ways to get there from directly from Ibiza earlier this summer, as it indeed seems there isn't a service.

ok thanks, the Formentera Explorer in no option than. I think we will try our luck in la savina, worst case is enjoying formentera :)

Back