Es Vive or Pacha El Hotel????

Sfïn

hello,

I'm planning my holiday in Ibiza for this year. I will arrive July 30th and leave August 8th. I want to stay in Es Vive or in Pacha El Hotel, but I don't know which one i have to choose. Can someone help me in comparing the pros and cons from both hotels? Which one do you think is the best if you consider price and quality? Is it true that when you are staying in Pacha El Hotel, you get free VIP entrance every night at Pacha? Because that would be a real good pro off course ;) I'm also studying interior design so maybe it's interesting to see the new interior of Pacha El Hotel... Can someone give me some help as soon as possible, because I have to decide really fast, as there are not much rooms left in both...

Thanks in advance!!!!

Hi I've stayed at Es Vive in 2007 and loved it for these reasons:

I met such great people who were also staying there
Great (but small) pool area with nice mellow tunes playing all day
Fab cocktails and food
Lovely staff around the pool and in the bar
Electric Cabaret is one of my favourite places to hang out!

But room-wise I'm not convinced it's worth the money especially if you're on your own. Rooms are small and noise can be a problem.

I have a friend who stayed at El Hotel last year and he LOVED it. He had nothing bad to say about it at all.

hello,

I'm planning my holiday in Ibiza for this year. I will arrive July 30th and leave August 8th. I want to stay in Es Vive or in Pacha El Hotel, but I don't know which one i have to choose. Can someone help me in comparing the pros and cons from both hotels? Which one do you think is the best if you consider price and quality? Is it true that when you are staying in Pacha El Hotel, you get free VIP entrance every night at Pacha? Because that would be a real good pro off course ;) I'm also studying interior design so maybe it's interesting to see the new interior of Pacha El Hotel... Can someone give me some help as soon as possible, because I have to decide really fast, as there are not much rooms left in both...

Thanks in advance!!!!

I spent a week at El Hotel last year and thought it was "ok". In terms of pros and cons, the Pros are the El Hotel bar/club on the ground floor, good music and atmosphere, and a good place to kick the night off if you're planning on going to Pacha. The rooms have a distinctly boutique vibe, nothing too spectacular, although the sliding door that allows you to watch whoever is showering is cool. Free entry in to Pacha is always a good thing as well.

What i didn't like was the attitude of the staff. Normally, I don't really notice these types of things but in the case of El Hotel, the staff just seemed to have a chip on their shoulders, as if the hotel guests were inconveniencing them. Not all of them, just a few, but one is more than enough to ruin an experience. I think El Hotel is significantly more expensive than Es Vive, and if given the choice i would choose neither. :)

... I want to stay in Es Vive or in Pacha El Hotel ...
WHY ?
even assuming these hotels are good ... it´s about locationlocationlocation!!!
if you only go to ibiza to go to pacha every night then pachahotel might be ok :)
but pacha is surrounded from a concretejungle and es vive is squeezed in
some ugly figueretas-mini-backyard-streets ... both have very small pools ... not
first beachrow ... ridiculously overpriced for what they offer ...

WHY ?
even assuming these hotels are good ... it´s about locationlocationlocation!!!
if you only go to ibiza to go to pacha every night then pachahotel might be ok :)
but pacha is surrounded from a concretejungle and es vive is squeezed in
some ugly figueretas-mini-backyard-streets ... both have very small pools ... not
first beachrow ... ridiculously overpriced for what they offer ...

Which hotel do you advice me then, apart from these two?

isn't that a german place? I've walked on the street there a few times and saw th german pub and thought that... It's my 7th time in Ibiza and I've been to Goleta, Algarb and Don Toni, the one I most preferred was Goleta, but I was thinking of taking something better now... Any recommends?

I've stayed in both and i think El Hotel is in a better positon. within Walking distance to Talamanca beach, ibiza marina with nice resturants/shops etc. El Divino, Pacha, Grial & Keepers all on your doorstep. Roughly as far to walk to Ibiza port. rooms are much bigger & less noisey during the day. Brekkie is very nice (if you make it) and you can usually blag at least 1 free night at Pacha

I have stayed in Es Vive last two years

PROS - hotel bar which is good for afters, chilled atmosphere by pool, staff are nice, you can always blag some freebies as quite a few music ind people stay there, they also hold afternoon pre parties, nice breakfast, good food and drinks (cheaper this year than last year) nice relaxed vibe in daytime

CONS - noise from bar can be a pain (get second floor room or above), rooms pretty small (but always really clean), location not great, hard to get cabs sometimes although hotel have a driver to take up to 6 peeople and works out better value than a cab if there are more than 4

Depends what you are after. Havent been to ELHotel myself but imagine it is quite Eurotrashy :D in a good way

Ditto. Done both. Wont bother again as i prefer self catering or better value alternatives !!

You been talking to Chewie ???;)

I agree tho you can easily find better value on the island. Next time its a villa for me - seems to work out financially if you can get a group together :D:D:D

I agree tho you can easily find better value on the island. Next time its a villa for me - seems to work out financially if you can get a group together :D:D:D

Do we sound the same then :lol:

I dont think people realise how good value a villa can be :confused: The most difficult part is trying to get a certain ammount of people to commit to going away at the same time. We normally tell everyone we're going a certain date, then once an ammount has booked, then book the villa with the rooms that we need.

Its fantastic renting a nice villa with friends 8)

Do we sound the same then :lol:

I dont think people realise how good value a villa can be :confused: The most difficult part is trying to get a certain ammount of people to commit to going away at the same time. We normally tell everyone we're going a certain date, then once an ammount has booked, then book the villa with the rooms that we need.

Its fantastic renting a nice villa with friends 8)

we are hoping to organise for next year with a group, my only worry is that people will mess about, and i dont want to end up liable for paying for people who back out lol :spank:

we are hoping to organise for next year with a group, my only worry is that people will mess about, and i dont want to end up liable for paying for people who back out lol :spank:

The best thing to do imo, is when the flights are released, say to all your friends who you want there, right these are the dates, here are cheap'ish flights, are you coming or not, I need to know by such and such ??!!

Then book villa when the amount is confirmed. I've arranged about 5 trips like this, mainly because I'm the most organised (and so i get first dibs on the bedroom :lol:) . Weve never been let down by the villa, even though we've left it late, and everyone had an amazing time. Like stated earlier, it works out really good value for money.

Does that mean Chew might make it back to the island ;) :lol:

The best thing to do imo, is when the flights are released, say to all your friends who you want there, right these are the dates, here are cheap'ish flights, are you coming or not, I need to know by such and such ??!!

Then book villa when the amount is confirmed. I've arranged about 5 trips like this, mainly because I'm the most organised (and so i get first dibs on the bedroom :lol:) . Weve never been let down by the villa, even though we've left it late, and everyone had an amazing time. Like stated earlier, it works out really good value for money.

Does that mean Chew might make it back to the island ;) :lol:

We have just booked up for Santorini in Sept this year, but I think the villa for next Sept is looking likely so Chew will be no doubt returning to Ibiza again ;) (along with some other assorted Spotlighters too I think)

I am like you, like to organise things and have started a facebook group with 18 takers so far :D which will probably have dwindled to 4 (me chewie joey and mambs!) by the time money starts getting discussed!!!

I've just been looking at both hotels as there is a 20% ish chance of being over in August now. Es Vive is a fair wedge cheaper that El Hotel. Is there a reason?

I've just been looking at both hotels as there is a 20% ish chance of being over in August now. Es Vive is a fair wedge cheaper that El Hotel. Is there a reason?

If you plan on chillin at the hotel at some point, go with Es vive, good vibe by the pool, and the afters in the bar are decent. Whereas youll pay more for el hotel for a bigger room, and better location imo, but with no vibe !!

Its a totally different type of hotel.

EsVive is a smallish older hotel which has been given a funky sort of makeover ....but is still a smallish older hotel. If you want a well connected hotel where you can blag freebies and chill in the day then its perfect. The bar is good as I've said before and keeps going till 9am ish which may or may not be a plus point. Its part owned by Jason Bull who also co-owns Base Bar and Boho and is has regular Fierce Angel parties and also some good after parties in the bar.

But its not a 5 star luxury hotel by any stretch of the imagination. I would choose it over ElHotel anyday but thats just my personal taste.

Its a totally different type of hotel.

EsVive is a smallish older hotel which has been given a funky sort of makeover ....but is still a smallish older hotel. If you want a well connected hotel where you can blag freebies and chill in the day then its perfect. The bar is good as I've said before and keeps going till 9am ish which may or may not be a plus point. Its part owned by Jason Bull who also co-owns Base Bar and Boho and is has regular Fierce Angel parties and also some good after parties in the bar.

But its not a 5 star luxury hotel by any stretch of the imagination. I would choose it over ElHotel anyday but thats just my personal taste.

Thanks both, yes es vive is more our bag then!

Sarah - you dont even need that much of a group to make it worth your while. We get a 4 /6 person villa for the 2 of us every year and it works out so much cheaper than staying in a hotel (imo) you get on the Island and you stock up on everything, food, alcohol, other bits and bobs and that's it for the fortnight - far cheaper than eating out every day, drinking in bars, having to leave the room for the cleaners etc etc You tend to lie around the pool, drinking/eating have BBQ's etc etc.

Back