Es Vedra sunset

• Thread starter Deleted member 49869
  • Start date
been many times at Cala de hort but never experience sunset too (don't know why but two times the gps get me lost but it was ok as we were around es cubells & the view was amazing there, with a spotlight mate that wanted me to stop all 200meters to take a pic :D, quiet dangerous to stop the car in the middle of the road )
We may go there with mates & enjoy a nice meal at Es boldado as ive never been & wen 3 time to elcarmen ibz 16
Is el boldado make better paella than elcarmen? price same too?
if i m back to elcarmen cala de hort my plate will be pulpos fritos (looks like a paella, less seafood & more pulpos fritos), u have to order for 2 but ill ask for food to leave if im alone one day (didn't think about it ibz 16 when alone & ive took sepias plancha, its was fine but not among my best meals in ibz)

fried squids, but included in a meal that looks like a paella :)
i was looking at this from neighbours & i was starving as mine was regular sepia a la plancha
looks like i ll go back to el carmen cala de hord ibz 17 just for this plate :spank: maybe not for opening with mates but more 2nd trip end july
Pics from Opening ibz 16
13325637_10207754272427430_4544192924826105626_n.jpg
13315539_10207754271867416_2233860095801859441_n.jpg
13344656_10207754271747413_3084311732220474386_n.jpg
13321750_10207754272587434_1683191797622598514_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys.

Never seen the sunset from Es Vedra and am planning to this year. I'm staying in San Antonio. Anybody know the best way to do this? Are there any moped or bus tours or should I just get a taxi there and back.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Could be up for joining you on this mate :)

Sounds good chief. Maybe the friday night?
Are you shipping out on the sat? Could do the sunset then back to San An and the west end for a good session

We get there on the Tuesday mate and leave about 8pm on the sat. The Friday could be a good shout. We're meeting up with a couple folks (a brother and sister) we met in 2015 and last year so no doubt they'll tag along with us. :lol:

Was planning to do a sunset at Es Vedra in September this year. Sunset apparently is around 8pm on Sept. 20th.

The options I'm considering are:
  1. Book an early table at El Carmen for 7/7:30pm and watch the sunset from there.
  2. Watch the sunset from up in the hills (is it an easy walk/hike from El Carmen?) and book the table for 9pm.

Any thoughts/advice on this?

Easy enough to get to yes (bare in mind there may not be footpaths) but i would say it’s a fair old trek in the heat and if there are no paths or walking routes i wouldn't fancy walking all that way on the roads!

I would book the meal later - last time I was there, I saw one guy proposing to his fiance behind a bush, 2 people making out on top of a camper van and 6 very posh bohemians solemnly taking it in turns to bang a very large drum as the sun dropped. That was worth the free admission alone...!

I would book the meal later - last time I was there, I saw one guy proposing to his fiance behind a bush, 2 people making out on top of a camper van and 6 very posh bohemians solemnly taking it in turns to bang a very large drum as the sun dropped. That was worth the free admission alone...!

Nice! ?
Thinking I'll have to go for the walk/hike then. I guess end of September it shouldn't be tooo hot at 7/8 in the evening...

I went for summer solstice last year hoping for some hippies with drums. I got a c*** with a guitar playing Justin Bieber. A sorry state of affairs.

Back