Es Soto

cruising maybe? :lol:

2133050069_da1f68b8af.jpg

flickr

cruising maybe? :lol:
I thought the same thing at first but it was just a load of old men and one VERY dodgy looking fellow of about 30 yrs old who I've seen about. They were all just milling around. None of them were in pairs or chatting to each other. Upon further investigation it all seems innocent.
We saw a few people with Podenco hounds hunting rabbits down there a while back. Interesting to watch but not so for the rabbits of course.
podenco-ibicenco-06.jpg

"Ibizan Hounds are "escapologists." They are able to jump incredible heights from a stand still. As such, they need very tall fences. They also have been known to climb. They have a strong prey drive, therefore they cannot be trusted off lead unless in a safely enclosed area." -- sounds like a typical west end holiday maker

Not Es Soto,but: The Podenco thing,watched a very organized hunt from my hotel balcony early one morning,on the open land facing the Palm Beach and Palladium Palace hotels at PDB.
There was an obvious boss with hat and cane giving orders and pointing,four younger blokes running after the dogs who went off in different directions,then the re-group.
Not close enough to see the catch (suits me)I would say there were twenty hounds.
Fascinating to watch,but not keen on rabbit. (do they hunt anything else ?)

I have read that they are also used for smaller game.
I was amazed by just how quickly the dogs were getting the rabbits. It seemed like they had only been hunting a few minutes and all the men had loads of rabbits in each hand.

Back