Es Paradis

oscar4

Did Es Paradis ever host bigger/better nights than it does these days? Was it ever one of the more prestigious clubs?

I really like the look of the place and it's a shame that the twice I've been in there I felt I was tolerating the music rather than enjoying it. I suppose the owners are content to pack the place out for Clubland & water parties but damnnn I think it could be a cool place to dance, especially as the suns comes up.

Part of me agrees with you, Oscar. At times I think "why don't Es Paradis pull their fingers out and get on the phone to some more reputatable promoters... really make more of what is actually a really unique club?"

But another part of me thinks that the ultra cheesiness of the nights they do, which normally far exceeds the cheese you get at any of the other super clubs, is actually it's selling point. If they didn't offer the less fashionable alternative and instead just played the same house and minimal that they're playing at Space or Privilege, it would sink like a turd.

Part of me agrees with you, Oscar. At times I think "why don't Es Paradis pull their fingers out and get on the phone to some more reputatable promoters... really make more of what is actually a really unique club?"

What like..

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=63003

Once upon a time they were the most talked about promoters in Ibiza...

But another part of me thinks that the ultra cheesiness of the nights they do, which normally far exceeds the cheese you get at any of the other super clubs, is actually it's selling point. If they didn't offer the less fashionable alternative and instead just played the same house and minimal that they're playing at Space or Privilege, it would sink like a turd.

If Es Paradis was in Ibiza town or PDB it would have a totally different program and music policy - they are just catering to the San An crowd, but hey Electric Vendetta doesn't look like the usual cheese that they put on...

Es Paradis used to hold clockwork orange nights I think about 10 years ago and I think that was just normal house .. wasn't that Jeremy Healys night? He got married to Patsy Kensit the other day how mad is that lol

Es Paradis used to hold clockwork orange nights I think about 10 years ago and I think that was just normal house .. wasn't that Jeremy Healys night? He got married to Patsy Kensit the other day how mad is that lol

Have you been reading HEAT magazine?!

Lol how mad is that... I'm just gonna miss that one and I've never been inside Es Paradis as they never have any nights I could stomach

I havent been in it either - although id like to!

That kompass night on fridays plays 90's house classics - i might check that one out - i dare say it will be free too lol

Is that on every week? I'm looking for a Friday thing thats not too amazing that I can't leave as I'm flying back early Sat morning, but I do love 90's house... Saying that though what do they mean by 90's house you never know!

Is that on every week? I'm looking for a Friday thing thats not too amazing that I can't leave as I'm flying back early Sat morning, but I do love 90's house... Saying that though what do they mean by 90's house you never know!

Yeah it's every week, prob best get a heads up of what exactly they are classing as 'house' before you go though! :lol:

Yeah it's every week, prob best get a heads up of what exactly they are classing as 'house' before you go though! :lol:

Yep cos I wouldnt want to go to a 90's techno night and get 2unlimited 'techno, techno, techno, techno, no, no, nu nu, no, no' :eek:

My very 1st night in Ibiza, July 15th 1998 was a Wednesday, all the Wednesdays Are Orange banners were around San Antonio, we went to it and were absolutely blown away by the club, it was unbelievable! Jeremey Healy was on and I still remember hearing David Morales - Needin You for the first time dancing on the step in front of the dj box! From then on, I was hooked on Ibiza!

Es Paradis is a beautiful club and it's a shame there aren't many decent nights being put on these days,as someone mentioned earlier they seem happy enough to fill it with the San An crowd once or twice a week rather than trying to draw ppl from outside San An

Es Paradis is a beautiful club and it's a shame there aren't many decent nights being put on these days,as someone mentioned earlier they seem happy enough to fill it with the San An crowd once or twice a week rather than trying to draw ppl from outside San An

Our 1st Ibiza clubbing experiance was at Es Paradis in 1995. It was ammmaaaazzin!

Things may have changed a bit in the last 14 years! Yikes was it that long ago :oops:

Back