Es Calo Playa - has anyone stayed here

Z

zombi

Hi i am returning to the island in June and i wondered if anyone had stayed here and could tell me anything about it, mostly i was wondering about air conditioning, as last year i cooked in my room while i slept as this was during the day, it was 35 degrees and it made me ill, so any help would be appreciated
Kelly

it´s one of the 2 options we had for this years trip, we chose the other hotel catalina, cuz of the excellent views there....
I woldnt mind living there, supposedly it a o.k place with aircon, pool and kitchen equipment....nice location right next to Kanya, Kasbah and coastline....

Hi Ibiza-girlie, thanks for the reply, can you tell me how you found out that it had air conditioning.
I loved the beech at calo des moro, thats where we watched the sunsets at night from.
Kelly

I found out via www.ungrejs.dk - try and visit the page allthough it´s in Danish...see "rejsemål" (destinations) and then click Ibiza - then "hotels" and then choose between the few one´s they have.

Hi Ibiza-girlie, thanks for the info about the website, it even had a short film about the hotel with a young lady telling you it has air conditioning.
Thanks again
Kelly

Ibiza G! Do u happen to know how much Catalina are charging for single rooms in August? I always wanted one of them apartments above del mar- apparently they're privately owned tho :( - But the views from the catalina are just as good :)

No!!!!!! Change Accommodation Now!!!

I was unfortunate enough to get put in this hell hole with accommodation on arrival.

thankfully we complained so muhc and paid the rep £100 each to get moved.

Air conditioning??? yeh, the broken windows from the CLubFreestyle crew.

Good location near sunset strip but really not worth the hassle.

No hot water (sometimes no cold water at peak times)

Please try and change your accommodation. Total nightmare!

Hi Freakstar, when did you stay there, was that this year or last year.
Kelly

hey, I satayed there for a short period 2 years ago. past it last year and it looked the same.

it is right next to a massive club18-30 apartment block and is generally full of drunken West Enders.

One bonus - 5 minute walk north of Kanya/Coastline.

No air conditioning. dont think you'll do any cooking - no utensiles. just crap i'm afraid.

I could point you to a good, cheap hostel that i went to. Cost about £12 a night for myself - probably less if you have a twin room. its called hostel Torres and it is not too far away. you get breakfast and it is relatively comfortable.

cheers.

Thanks freakstar, i will continue to look around before i make my decision.
Kelly

nish said:
Ibiza G! Do u happen to know how much Catalina are charging for single rooms in August? I always wanted one of them apartments above del mar- apparently they're privately owned tho :( - But the views from the catalina are just as good :)

Nish, what dates are you looking for. We deal with a company at work who books the Catalina, I know end of August is about £200 but you are looking at £570 for early August

Damn! - Thats a major price diff! Ill consider that anyway. Cheers H, think ur my new guardian angel when it comes to travel deals ;)

Back