Erick Morillo @ Amsterdam Queensnight!

belle

So..... Finally after waiting for almost two years, I got to see my favourite DJ last Tuesday night.
I was really nervous after reading Barbie and DrewUK's posts about his not so hot sets.
We arrived at 12.30 and my favourite Dutch DJ Benny Rodrigues was playing already and at about 1.00 Erick Morillo came out of nowhere and suddenly took over the decks after letting Benny Rodrigues have his well diserved cheer from the crowd!! That was a great start.

I must say that, again, this has been one of the best nights of my life!!!!!
His mixing was supurb, he interacted with the crowd he played for 5 (!) hours although he was planned to play 4....
The only thing that I really have to agree with you is that, again, it was a "golden oldies" set.

But the thing is, I believe the Dutch crowd haven't heard these tracks very often, because Dutch DJ's don't play them.
So the crowd took it rather well.
In other words: HE ABSOLUTELY, TOTALLY TORE THE PLACE APART!!!!!!!!

Everybody, I mean everybody was dancing, shouting, jumping around there was a great vibe, happy faces everywhere. His set was sometimes uplifting and suddenly deep and dirty. It was perfect.

I've been reading some posts on Dutch forums and everybody agreed with me. People were saying it was the best night ever.

And like I mentioned before: it felt the same for me. I'm sorry my English isn't any better because it felt even better then I described, but I really can't find the words. The only thing I can say is that it actually felt like five hour orgasm :oops: :oops:

I wonder though if he's going to do this golden-oldie act all summer in Ibiza because I don't think the Ibiza crowd will appreciate this very much.
But I'm very confident that it's going to be allright!

Oh my god..... I can't wait untill September 17th.

Ibiza here I come :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Robo said:
where's barbie?

Here :p

Thanks so much for that fab review Belle, glad you had a good one and that Erick is still on form and let's just hope he gets a few new records in time for Ibiza :p It's nice to hear a few classics in a set but we want the new stuff as well :D

See you in Pacha on the 17th Sept :D :D :D

x

I think the main reason we've all been disappointed with Ericks sets the last few weeks is because of the lack of new stuff. We expected new tunes like when he was in the Uk this time last year and felt a little let down when he played a lot of last years tunes.

So, yes, hope he packs some new records in his boxes for the summer :eek:

hi!guys!
do u mind giving tracks that he played..coz i wonder if it worth seeing him on friday(2 may) night in paris coz i'm not willing to go clubbing this night 4 many reasons...

Back