Eric Prydz Presents HOLO @ Hï Ibiza - Reviews & Reports

I was there opening night.

Arrived around 1AM, Cristoph in full swing doing his usual thing. Not sure if it was me but he looked/seemed a bit tired. Played his usual great productions, and some kind of Bicep - Glue remix which was kinda cool. All around a good time.

5min intermission between sets is a little awkward as it saps energy from the crowd, but I get there is no choice from a production standpoint.

Prydz was his exceptional self. This was probably the 10th time I have seen him and he was as good as ever. Controlling the energy in the room with a series of progressive builds. The set was very heavy on Pryda, with only a touch of Cirez - I’m guessing this is the Holo/Ibiza combo which he is going for.

Don’t get me wrong, if you are a fan you will love this and all the people we brought along with us were blown away, a few notes:

• Should have been 30 mins longer with that time dedicated to Cirez to really rinse the crowd. Would have also punished some of the usual insta posers.
  • The holo effect is not as good as the giant festival screens. I believe this is for a number of reasons, but primarily because the lighting isn’t actually optimized for it.
  • In general the lighting was not as synced to the music as the other times I have seen him - really don’t know why? Maybe Hi control this exclusively in their venue whereas at festivals Liam and the team take full control. Thought it was odd.
Overall it was excellent though - one of the best nights I’ve had on the island.

Cannot comment on busyness too much - was with friends who insisted on a table, which in fairness was at the front of a balcony with a sick view. Hi staff and service is better than all the other clubs we went to (Chinois, Pacha and amnesia) - they actually look after and they don’t try to trick you or rip you off anymore than just by way of the insane pricing (but hey, you know what you’re signing up for). From what I could tell it was rammed for the first hour, with the second being very busy but pockets of space to dance. My advice would be to start positioning 30-40 mins before he comes on, and then last though the first hour before enjoying a bit of breathing room.

Beyer was also really good - usually not a fan but enjoyed the set a lot. Expected to leave the table to go to Topping, but Beyer was smashing it out and had some great visuals I haven’t seen before, so saw almost all of his set.

Hi team packed the rest of the booze for us and off we went for a 2 hour nap pre flight home…

Cannot comment on busyness too much - was with friends who insisted on a table, which in fairness was at the front of a balcony with a sick view. From what I could tell it was rammed for the first hour, with the second being very busy but pockets of space to dance. My advice would be to start positioning 30-40 mins before he comes on, and then last though the first hour before enjoying a bit of breathing room.
Good advice. Totally agree

Arrived around 1AM, Cristoph in full swing doing his usual thing. Not sure if it was me but he looked/seemed a bit tired. Played his usual great productions, and some kind of Bicep - Glue remix which was kinda cool. All around a good time.

5min intermission between sets is a little awkward as it saps energy from the crowd, but I get there is no choice from a production standpoint.

Prydz was his exceptional self. This was probably the 10th time I have seen him and he was as good as ever. Controlling the energy in the room with a series of progressive builds. The set was very heavy on Pryda, with only a touch of Cirez - I’m guessing this is the Holo/Ibiza combo which he is going for.

Don’t get me wrong, if you are a fan you will love this and all the people we brought along with us were blown away, a few notes:

• Should have been 30 mins longer with that time dedicated to Cirez to really rinse the crowd. Would have also punished some of the usual insta posers.
  • The holo effect is not as good as the giant festival screens. I believe this is for a number of reasons, but primarily because the lighting isn’t actually optimized for it.
  • In general the lighting was not as synced to the music as the other times I have seen him - really don’t know why? Maybe Hi control this exclusively in their venue whereas at festivals Liam and the team take full control. Thought it was odd.
Overall it was excellent though - one of the best nights I’ve had on the island.

Cannot comment on busyness too much - was with friends who insisted on a table, which in fairness was at the front of a balcony with a sick view. Hi staff and service is better than all the other clubs we went to (Chinois, Pacha and amnesia) - they actually look after and they don’t try to trick you or rip you off anymore than just by way of the insane pricing (but hey, you know what you’re signing up for). From what I could tell it was rammed for the first hour, with the second being very busy but pockets of space to dance. My advice would be to start positioning 30-40 mins before he comes on, and then last though the first hour before enjoying a bit of breathing room.

Beyer was also really good - usually not a fan but enjoyed the set a lot. Expected to leave the table to go to Topping, but Beyer was smashing it out and had some great visuals I haven’t seen before, so saw almost all of his set.

Hi team packed the rest of the booze for us and off we went for a 2 hour nap pre flight home…
This is a top, balanced review, thanks a lot.

Beyer is on fire at the minute - loved every single event I've been to where he has played.

Really wanna get out there for this night in Ibiza.

Great review.

Great review... looking forward to your others. Your comments on the table service I hear a lot in terms of the professionalism there.

The 5 minute change overs, what are they actually doing? Changing the position of DJ booth? I wonder if just as it was night one? This must kill crowd vibe.

Great review... looking forward to your others. Your comments on the table service I hear a lot in terms of the professionalism there.

The 5 minute change overs, what are they actually doing? Changing the position of DJ booth? I wonder if just as it was night one? This must kill crowd vibe.
No worries!

They have to move the decks which are in front of the screen for Cristoph and Beyer in and out (otherwise it would be in the way). prydz is between the two screens for Holo. I expect this will remain a feature of all the shows.

They play some music during the time (if I recall correctly), but it’s more holding music.

No worries!

They have to move the decks which are in front of the screen for Cristoph and Beyer in and out (otherwise it would be in the way). prydz is between the two screens for Holo. I expect this will remain a feature of all the shows.

They play some music during the time (if I recall correctly), but it’s more holding music.
Awesome review, thanks for sharing!

And welcome to the forums.

prydz is between the two screens for Holo.
I'll just ask now,.... so the whole thing is just playback, It has to be, otherwise the whole thing "doesn't work" ??? Not long ago that was frowned upon, now apparently ok.... The main thing is that the visual effects are cool? Puhhh. I'm old, not my world anymore :rolleyes:

I guess we'll find out if week two is any different. Either way, I expect lots to be unchanged. Can't imagine the visuals will change at all

In the past all the Holo shows were different, and Eric was adamant that he was choosing tracks on the fly, just the production team knew what visuals could go with certain tracks. This of course created some limitation, but nothing more than what every big name DJ does at the moment, where their current set has their latest productions and some older stuff. There were fewer big holo visuals though, and a lot of it was still just basic visuals with lighting.

The latest run (post Covid) seems much more scripted to me. Let’s see what he does, but I do expect that 70%+ will be the same week to week.

Accept that it’s not for everyone, but I do think it’s worth seeing, even if only once. Kind of a technical demonstration? Quality of Prydz’ music production and unreleased tracks stands (to me) unparalleled - and of course you get that in spades.

Finally heading there tonight. God I wish there was the option for a amnesia-style VIP balcony (I’m deffo getting old).

I just want to see over all the phones 😭

Finally heading there tonight. God I wish there was the option for a amnesia-style VIP balcony (I’m deffo getting old).

I just want to see over all the phones 😭

Good luck! Can't you just make it to the front and then you see no phones? I am looking forward to the review tomorrow. Genuinely interested if people are moving / dancing much or just recording.

Good luck! Can't you just make it to the front and then you see no phones? I am looking forward to the review tomorrow. Genuinely interested if people are moving / dancing much or just recording.

from what I hear, this seems to be the trickiest bit in hï. actually making it to the front.

from what I hear, this seems to be the trickiest bit in hï. actually making it to the front.
Always used to dive in through those doors at the front left from the garden, but admittedly this was never on a SUPER busy night

I think you're correct. My main data points have been Glitterbox over the years - which is hardly a 'OMG someone famous on stage, push to front' kind of crowd.

Back