Been digging into the rabbit holes of prog rock fomation Sky Cries Mary

From the early years:

We Will Fall (1993)

4:00 A.M. (1994)

And from a fresh hole:

Trapeze Dancer (2020)

New album Wandering In The Vastness to be released December 11th

🕳️

cheating I guess as this is really 4 tracks segued into one but I think the backstory is LCD originally licensed it out to Nike (sellout!) back in 2006 for some ad campaign they were running and then it created a bit of a buzz and eventually came out as an EP. If you have a spare 46 minutes, listen to the whole thing in sequence uninterrupted. See what you think. I reckon it still sounds awesome, especially the third section.

Lindstrøm - Where You Go I Go Too

A three piece love letter to Cerrone, J-M Jarre and the likes. Comes with a similar akward story:

"In early 2007, I got an offer to make a track for a running campaign by Nike. Halfway in the writing process, I realised that the music deserved better, and Where You Go I Go Too was finished as an album instead of as an ad," says Hans-Peter Lindstrøm about the album.

1. Where You Go I Go Too (28:58)
2. Grand Ideas (10:10)
3. The Long Way Home (15:58)

I'll be at youtube looking for mid 2000 Nike running campaigns 👟

Last edited:

A three piece love letter to Cerrone, J-M Jarre and the likes. Comes with a similar akward story:

"In early 2007, I got an offer to make a track for a running campaign by Nike. Halfway in the writing process, I realised that the music deserved better, and Where You Go I Go Too was finished as an album instead of as an ad," says Hans-Peter Lindstrøm about the album.

I'm a bit out of touch with the Norwegians. Need to make amends. 'Another Station' was a real gamechanger for me

Love Lindstrom. Closing Shot is easily in my top 10 tunes ever.

Back