England's WC Qualifing under Capello

C'mon Philly, you know it works. We have to have brief flashes of potential at some point in each campaign to allow the crushing disappointment when we crash and burn again.

C'mon Philly, you know it works. We have to have brief flashes of potential at some point in each campaign to allow the crushing disappointment when we crash and burn again.

Granted, i have been expecting that! Not happened though! They are playing like a a complete team, talking the talk & walking the walk!
Those 2 away games looked very tough, we got cracking results! Only 1 other team on 12 points!

Has anyone ever heard of a single logical explanation why McLaren was ever "in charge" (using the term very loosely) of the England outfit? Surely the worst ever managerial appontment EVER!

Viva Capello.

Has there been any Sven type smut dished on Cappa yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Has there been any Sven type smut dished on Cappa yet?
I'm sure the FA have since then made a point of hiring only unattractive secretaries :lol: :oops:

Seriously, though, Capello has had a much better time with the press. Sven didn't have a chance with the media from day 1 and even during his long undefeated run, but he paved the way for the next manager not from the home nations to have slightly less scrutiny.

Granted the win against Croatia was excellent but England fans shouldn't get their hopes up that Capello is "the messiah" and will restore them to former glorys although so far so good but a long way to go,like some Ireland fans have got it into their heads that our Italian manager Giovanni Trappatoni is somehow the "messiah" and while we won last nite against Cyprus @ Croke Park, it was unconvincing and there is still a mountain of work to do before Ireland get back to where the belong in the top 15 in the world but im confident the silver haired one can do it with his trusty sidekick Marco Tardelli.;)

I'm sure the FA have since then made a point of hiring only unattractive secretaries :lol: :oops:

Seriously, though, Capello has had a much better time with the press. Sven didn't have a chance with the media from day 1 and even during his long undefeated run, but he paved the way for the next manager not from the home nations to have slightly less scrutiny.

true in that he did take a bullet for all foreign managers coming over here, however favours himself did not do.

the whole shebang was just embarassing for the country - people forget that the head of the FA was also sticking one in her!

Granted, i have been expecting that! Not happened though! They are playing like a a complete team, talking the talk & walking the walk!
Those 2 away games looked very tough, we got cracking results! Only 1 other team on 12 points!

thiiiis time I knoooow its for reeaaaalll.

no really. we dare I say it, played largely without fear. towards the end we were taking the pis$.

rooney looks fernomenal.

could it be could it just be, that we may come good?

i fear for us a bit if rooney gets injured, or lampard, ferdiand for that matter.

true in that he did take a bullet for all foreign managers coming over here, however favours himself did not do.

the whole shebang was just embarassing for the country - people forget that the head of the FA was also sticking one in her!
Oh, I wasn't excusing Sven's behavior later in his reign... by that point he certainly had it coming :lol:

Back