Electronic music, is it dying?

Susie - Don't get me wrong...the community here in SF is still really strong. Garth and the Wicked Crew still have their Thursday night gig at The Endup. I miss the old 1015 days alot, and the Sunset/Full Moon parties. The current trend that is very cool and true to the roots are the re-emergence of warehouse parties. THough they aren't free, what is happening is that you'll pay $20 and they give you 3 drink coupons, and the bar stays open until 4am (instead of the crappy 1:30am at all the rest of the San Fran clubs). Also, these warehouse parties are NOT heavily promoted, much more "email list" so that it's a diverse, discerning crowd. There's a place called the Gingerbread House, it's off Cesar Chavez at Connecticut St...if you are ever up here again, ask around at Spundae records on Haight, they'll tell you if something is going on. A cool place with a variety of sounds (two rooms, so you get more for your buck, right?)

For all you non-West Coast people...if you ever get to San Fran, please visit the End Up on either Thursday night (the Wicked Crew) or on Sunday (all day - they are open from 6am to 6am on Monday). It's been around for almost 30 years, and it's never sold out. The indoor room at DC10 is very similar in feel (not the barn feeling, but more the people and the sort of "crash pad" vibe). All your freaks and late night/morning peeps.

Can't wait to get back to the island though. I'm thinking either opening or closing parties this year...

Hey Philduke!

Thanks for the suggestions. When I was up in SF for New Years I went to the EndUp on Thursday just because of the fact that it had Garth, Simon and Miguel Migs. Well, they never showed up and what was even worse I asked like 5 people at the party if those guys were going to be there and no one knew who they were. Oh, and one of the people I asked said "what are they some kind of drink!" :rolleyes: I just turned around and walked away. Finally, I went to the front area behind the curtains and asked the security guys and they said that they play on Saturday now. I can't tell you how dissappointed I was because I went to The EndUp just for the Wicked crew and to check out The EndUp. Maybe it was just that night that I went they didn't show up, but I was really sad that I didn't get a chance to see them! :cry: I really do enjoy them! :D

Back