El Weekend

yip, heard its decent, been meaning to come up for one of the headway nights as well as i know one of the guys who runs it.

Randy Baton i presume. :lol:

Aye he's my ibiza/sonar going bud (and one time Spotlighter). He's up this weekend. I used to have the flat that had the afters. Had to move out a couple of months ago :(

Freedom beckons 8) .. everything comes to he who waits :twisted: Last time a girlfriend moved out ( yes it was that way round :lol: ) I went a bit manic with the sheer liberation of it. Haven't let any move in with me since :spank:

FREEDOM!! A beautiful concept!!

It's going to be an interesting change for me. Most of my possessions are piled high in a self storage unit, as I'm about to start an interesting project with work that'll see me moving about all over the country and beyond. I should be moving to Bromley from the end of this month until April, and then off to Glasgow :eek: for a few months, then I don't know where after that. This could potentially go on for up to 4 years. I'm sure I'll find it strange being nomadic like that and not really having somewhere to call 'home' for a while, but I'm sure it'll be a good adventure (and definitely a good earner).

Randy Baton i presume. :lol:

Aye he's my ibiza/sonar going bud (and one time Spotlighter). He's up this weekend. I used to have the flat that had the afters. Had to move out a couple of months ago :(
:lol: its a small techno world in scotland right enough!

funny you mention sonar...the reason i know him is due to sonar, didnt meet him over there, met him in glasgow after the 2011 version, he'd got my merchandise delivery & i'd got his from the spanish website...managed to track him down through facebook and swap it over8)

Nowt wrong with Glasgow!

It's going to be an interesting change for me. Most of my possessions are piled high in a self storage unit, as I'm about to start an interesting project with work that'll see me moving about all over the country and beyond. I should be moving to Bromley from the end of this month until April, and then off to Glasgow :eek: for a few months, then I don't know where after that. This could potentially go on for up to 4 years. I'm sure I'll find it strange being nomadic like that and not really having somewhere to call 'home' for a while, but I'm sure it'll be a good adventure (and definitely a good earner).
definitely make sure you visit the Arches & the sub club then whilst your in glasgow as i've been saying.8)

& if i manage to run into you at bugged out i will repeat this quite a lot as well:p

Glasgow is a fantastic City..... still my fav in Britain and ive been to many :) ;)

Fri - Work
Sat - Footy
Sun - Chill

very boring quiet weekend for me....after nxt week its all go upto the festive 8)

I'm about to start an interesting project with work that'll see me moving about all over the country and beyond.

I'm sure I'll find it strange being nomadic like that and not really having somewhere to call 'home' for a while, but I'm sure it'll be a good adventure (and definitely a good earner).

It's a good thing to do in your 20s / early 30s. I travelled a heck of a lot in years gone by ... and one of the best bits is that as a single guy you get to have a girl in every port ;)

and then off to Glasgow :eek: for a few months

8) .. Love Glasgow - definitely far prefer it to London. Only thing is the weather's usually AWFUL pretty much all year round (though milder than the East side of Scotland it rains a LOT) ... but you meet some great people there. I have extended family just outside and they're the nicest most genuine and welcoming of all the clans.

I wasn't in any way having a pop at Glasgow. I've only ever been to Edinburgh (also a good city) when I've been to Scotland, but I've heard good things about Glasgow and I look forward to checking it out.

The :eek: was purely to do with the proximity of Glasgow to what I call home. 440 miles between there and Southampton! I'm used to long drives having worked in Hull and driven back to Southampton nearly every weekend, but that was only 270 miles and was hard work!

The thought of getting to Manchester and realising you've only just cracked the halfway point isn't a nice one! I guess I'll be going home rarely, and flying when I do.

Sorry for the apparent thread hijacking, and confusion on my thoughts of living in Scotland!

tonight: mixing some tunes..
tomorrow: work then beers then Orbital Live followed by Phil Hartnoll dj set in another club then some parties..
sunday: continued party from previous night then pub for Liverpool match..
monday: off work...

8)

I guess I'll be going home rarely, and flying when I do.

You can join the abused and ripped off Flybe masses. They pretty much drove Air Southwest out of business, Plymouth lost its airport as a result (and we lost all accessible flights to London) and then hiked their total fares so high from Exeter I haven't flown with them for 2 years. Cheapest round trip next weekend GLA-SOU £133. The Regional robbery continues ... (well, I guess your fuel bill would probably top that but still, it's a ticket to Ibiza every trip ... and when I think about it that way I get a little pee'd off with them ! :evil: .... )

Pretty surreal evening at hen doo.
Ended up, the hen, my mate & me hitting sub club for Heidi.

Great night, haven't laughed so much in ages...the hen is a maniac.

Heidi, really good set in the subbie to finish the night.

Last night just stayed in with housemate and another mate getting pissed with a few tiny enhancements. Had a right laugh but was in bed for 4 so managed to keep things pretty real.

It's a nice sunny day here in Manchester. Just off to see my folks, brother, niece and nephew for a bit. 7pm off on the Lowdown and Dirty boat party from Castlefield up the canal for a few hours followed by the clubnight itself with ASkillz and Krafty Kuts at Soundcontrol. Will be good to have a catch up with mates I don't see as often as I used to and always good to do something a bit different.

Sunday - Wherever I end up after the above

this is how i spent my saturday night...

[video=youtube;7QFtygl9yeI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QFtygl9yeI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

one word... SPECIAL!! :)

this is how i spent my saturday night...

one word... SPECIAL!! :)
Ah, so you went. Good times? I saw them in July (at a big outdoor costume party in the woods!). It was amazing.

I didn't go to their show here on Friday. Ended up seeing Silicone Soul spin at a club called Shanti I hadn't been to in ages.

Went to the Get Physical party on Saturday only to bail at 6am just as MANDY was coming on (a little beyond drunk at that point!)

Annoyingly, I think that was one busy week/weekend too many and I've made myself ill. I haven't had a weekend off since Ibiza so I've been working 70+ hours a week since the end of September. That combined with the stress of the breakup and moving house and I feel like death. I never get ill, so annoying. Suppose it's my own fault.

Was moving stuff til gone midnight Friday, got up at 6am on Saturday to finish it all off, before getting the 10am train into town for football. Had every intention of getting home by 8pm and going to bed ready for a 6am alarm for work on Sunday, but I bumped into some old mates on my way home, agreed to pop in an old local for a quick couple of pints, and ended up being there til closing time, fairly hammered. Another 12 hour day at work and I woke up yesterday feeling like I'd been hit by a bus. Not ideal. I've got this weekend off as well, so obviously I would get ill just in time to completely ruin that FFS.

Ah, so you went. Good times? I saw them in July (at a big outdoor costume party in the woods!). It was amazing.

I didn't go to their show here on Friday. Ended up seeing Silicone Soul spin at a club called Shanti I hadn't been to in ages.

Went to the Get Physical party on Saturday only to bail at 6am just as MANDY was coming on (a little beyond drunk at that point!)

It was probably the best gig i've ever been to (dj or live set)!!!!!! 8)

Back