Edinburgh New Years Eve?

maxmax

Hi i have a mate who lives in Edinburgh and was thinking of going up for new years eve instead of Newcastle.Any one know anythin about whats on,whos playing and good clubs in Edinburgh?House/Deep house/techno clubs?
thanks

Hey, i have quite a few mates who live in Edinburgh to. Think we're going to head there for NYE to, and go to the massive street party! :p :p :p

Dont know about clubs etc.....sorry. You tried a web search?

Don't forget you need passes for the street party which I think have now all gone.

'Fraid so.

You can go pretty near the centre (Edinburgh isn't that big) but not on Princes St or the gardens so you wouldn't hear much of the bands.

There's still a good atmosphere and the bars are absolutely rammed though.

I don't know what clubs are on, as I don't live in Edinburgh anymore.

To be honest with you, apart from the street party it's really just going to busy pubs. You're probably best off going to the Grassmarket as there are loads of pubs and the atmosphere will be good. It's also just under the castle so you'll probably hear a bit of the bands.

Edinburgh isn't that great for clubs though, although I'd check what's on at the Honeycomb and the Liquid Rooms as these are probably the best two.

Cheers, i have a few mates that live down there, so i'll get him to check.

Might just do the pub thing though then a house party...always good fun!

Thanks ;)

thanks,ill definitely want to be going clubbing so ill check out whos on at the liquid room and honeycombs then!

Jon Carter is @ The Liquid Rooms for Progression. Liquid Rooms is a great little venue, always a good crowd at Progression too, would recommend you go there for NYE!

I can see where he's coming from. As a Edinburger (!) I always found them a bit much. Very busy, full of sleazy men trying to stick their tongue down your throat and just too much really. If you've not done it before, it can be fun and it's certainly an 'experience', but you're probably better off in a club where it's nice and warm.

I'd plump for Jon Cater myself. Liquid Rooms is a good venue.

Anyone seen jon carter play before?i missed him at shindig a month or two ago.Anyone know how he plays?

Jon Cater's not bad. Not my cup of tea but he's a good dj. He played at Pressure a couple of months back and went down a treat.

He's very housey, but'll throw it everything really from Nirvana to Candi Staton's 'You Got The Love'.

either that or dogma at studio 24,music sounds mayb more to my taste but dont have a clue what the club is like,or the djs!

COLOURS

COLOURS IN ASSOCATION WITH HED KANDI ARE. AT THE NEW "CITY CLUB". NEVER BEEN THERE - TICKETS £25.

IF YOU HAVE TICKETS TO THE STREET PARTY YOU MAY AS WELL GO - ALL THE PUBS ARE OPEN TILL THREE AND CL:UBS TILL FIVE (THEN SOME PUBS OPEN AT SIX SO YOU HAVE TO WANDER AROUND FOR A WHILE) OVER THE HOLIDAY

http://www.edinburghshogmanay.org/events.cfm?id=53

IT SAYS THERE IT IS OPEN TILL 3 BUT IT IS FIVE - I KNOW THESE THINGS!

Colours are rip off marchants and Hed Kandi is pish, I'd be going for Jon Carter. Carter doesn't always just play house by the way, I've heard him play quite techy tunes like Underworld - Cowgirl (Futureshock mix) and Trancesetters - The Saga.

I've not been to Dogma myself but I've been told the DJs play some top quality techno.

Back