Edimbugrh - Need some tips !!!!

espuma_party

Wish to visit in early June for 3 days.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel close to the center town?

And also, what I have to visit?

Edimburgh Castle ?
Rosslyn Chapel ?

And what else?

Thanks in advance.

The worst spelling of Edinburgh I have ever seen!

There is a new Missoni designer hotel that is due to open soon, right in the centre of Edinburgh. Also check out http://www.apexhotels.co.uk/ , they are all central and decent hotels. They have a new one at Waterloo Place that I think you can get some cheap launch deals on.

Things to do? Edinburgh Castle, Camera Obscura, Scottish Parliament, Holyrood Palace, Arthurs Seat, the Forth Bridges, the Royal Yacht Britannia, National Gallery, National Museum, Modern Art Gallery, Harvey Nichols, George Street for fancy bars and restaurants (Tiger Lily, Le Monde, Opal Lounge, the Living room etc) and the Grassmarket for traditional Scottish pubs.

If you want to go clubbing, go to the Cabaret Voltaire, voted one of the top 100 clubs in the world in the recent DJ mag survey.

Let me know if I can be of anymore help.

The worst spelling of Edinburgh I have ever seen!

There is a new Missoni designer hotel that is due to open soon, right in the centre of Edinburgh. Also check out http://www.apexhotels.co.uk/ , they are all central and decent hotels. They have a new one at Waterloo Place that I think you can get some cheap launch deals on.

Things to do? Edinburgh Castle, Camera Obscura, Scottish Parliament, Holyrood Palace, Arthurs Seat, the Forth Bridges, the Royal Yacht Britannia, National Gallery, National Museum, Modern Art Gallery, Harvey Nichols, George Street for fancy bars and restaurants (Tiger Lily, Le Monde, Opal Lounge, the Living room etc) and the Grassmarket for traditional Scottish pubs.

If you want to go clubbing, go to the Cabaret Voltaire, voted one of the top 100 clubs in the world in the recent DJ mag survey.

Let me know if I can be of anymore help.

Thanks Dirk for your useful tips,

and also, have you ever heard about these 2 hotels:

- Best Western Bruntsfield, 69 Bruntsfield Place, Edinburgh EH10 4HH

- McDOnald Holyrood Hotel, 81 Holyrood Road, Edinburgh EH8 8AU

It seems they're located in good position.

P.s.: sorry for the digit-fault.... ;)

E-D-I-M-B-U-R-G-H

and don't speak with an american accent or you'll get your head flushed down aforementioned toilet

great little club.

I have amazing memories of sunday night at taste in the mid 90s - back when it was the honeycomb... those were the days. ;)

In addition to dirk's suggestions I'd also recommend a visit to the botanical gardens and you might want to head down to Leith for scottish seafood restaurants, bars and a bit of local atmosphere.

Sorry guys, but last night earthquake made me sleep just 3 hours.....:twisted::twisted::twisted:

E-D-I-N-B-U-R-G-H !!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

How does it take reaching the center-town from the airport ?

We'll fly with Ryanair and I guess that some kind of bus will be available to head to the town.

1/2 hour - 40 mins from the airport depending on traffic. not sure if there is a ryanair coach but there is definitely a bus.

Best Western Bruntsfield - 15 - 20 minute walk to the centre.

McDonald Holyrood Hotel - 5 minute walk, next door to Holyrood Palace, the Scottish Parliament, Dynamic Earth and Arthurs. Nice hotel.You can catch the Airport Express right outside or a Taxi will cost you about £15.
The Honeycombe, great club!

Cab Voltaire is a great wee spot... dark and dingy with great music (www.thecabaretvoltaire.com)

The Liquid Room isn't a bad joint either, though the last I heard the roof fell through but check it out anyway... some great life gigs in it if you're lucky (www.liquidroom.com)

There's a great wee bar just beside grass market called the dragon fly... nice and cosy with great cocktails (www.dragonflycocktailbar.com)

On the royal mile, just past the bridges on the way towards Hollyrood Palace there's one of the best restaurants I've ever been to called Monteiths! Awesome, awesome grub... and great selection of beers (www.monteithsbar.co.uk)
Another great restaurant with a great atmosphere is Indigo yard (www.indigoyardedinburgh.co.uk)

When my folks came over to stay, I put them up in a hotel called The Bourough. It's just beside the meadows and a great wee walk into the town (www.theboroughhotel.com)
Le Monde is another great hotel right smack in the middle of the town. It's a bit fancy, but if you feel like splashing out ;) (www.lemondehotel.co.uk)

Dirk has pretty much let you know about all the things to do but I hope this helps, have a great time... it's a great city. J
PS: Get really stoned, head to Camera Obscura and then across the street to the Scottish Whiskey Experience... you'll laugh your ass off!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Liquid Room is shut till next year. I was in the Indian next door went it went on fire and bruned down the block. Shame as excellent venue.

Dragonfly is cool, also have the Pubic Triangle just up from that consisting of three strip clubs. It's called the Pubic Triangle because once you visit one, you get stuck in it going from one to the other. Many people have gone missing.

Dragonfly is cool, also have the Pubic Triangle just up from that consisting of three strip clubs. It's called the Pubic Triangle because once you visit one, you get stuck in it going from one to the other. Many people have gone missing.

The Burke and Hare? Haha.

Just remember, one of the best beer gardens (if its a nice day that is) is The Pear Tree.

J

The Liquid Room is shut till next year. I was in the Indian next door went it went on fire and bruned down the block. Shame as excellent venue.

Worst spelling of "Burned" I've ever seen.....
B-U-R-N-E-D

Last edited by a moderator:
If I meant burned I would have spelt it right.

Urban Dictionary

Bruning :

To destroy or ruin something. Brune-ing. To Brune. Bruned to the ground, as in fire.

If I meant burned I would have spelt it right.

Urban Dictionary

Bruning :

To destroy or ruin something. Brune-ing. To Brune. Bruned to the ground, as in fire.

So....tell me, what language would that be?
'cause in aint in the Englsih one.

The edit was a joke.

Back