Economics University

wimpers

Is there someone who can recommend me a good university with a strong economics department. I wanna go abroad (Europe, don't think USA is possible) for a year and study the fine art of economics in another language and place other then Ghent (which is of course the best city in the world :D)

wimpers said:
Is there someone who can recommend me a good university with a strong economics department. I wanna go abroad (Europe, don't think USA is possible) for a year and study the fine art of economics in another language and place other then Ghent (which is of course the best city in the world :D)

Take a look at Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona. I don't know if it's good in economy or not, but it's supposed to be one of the best public universities in Spain ;)

I would recommend London School of Economics from what I have heard, if I ever get round to finishing my normal degree I might do a masters there in Economics.

one of my mates is doing economics at Oxford....... Supposed to be really good and lots of intense work :confused: :confused:

Some of my friends who ended up going to UK for further studies went to either LSE or Warwick. Both are supposed to be good for Economics.

In the US, if you do considering Economics as a base for a law degree, then I would strongly consider my alma mater University of Texas at Austin (popularly known as UT or Texas). While the Economics graduate program is highly ranked, the Law program is excellent, not to mention that Austin is a great town, and UT is a great buy.

Cheers,

LagunaBeachCA

Tnx for the suggestions ...

Sorry LAguna but Texas is a nono since it is a european project (Erasmus) but maybe after this degree :D nh 8 years in university is enough

wimpers said:
Tnx for the suggestions ...

Sorry LAguna but Texas is a nono since it is a european project (Erasmus) but maybe after this degree :D nh 8 years in university is enough

Erasmus... I see. Wimpers I did not have time to check the web, but see if WHU in Koblenz or Rotterdam Business School offer Economics as a graduate program. WHU is a Fachhochshule, which I personally think is better than a traditional university for graduate studies. The Business School at UT has an exchange program with them, which is how I know about 'em.

Best of luck in your search :) ,

LagunaBeachCA

Back