Eating lamb from Ibiza

tclubber

Just wondering... sheep roaming around are part or the beautiful Ibiza countryside.

Do these sheep enter the human food chain? Are there any traditional Ibizencan lamb dishes? Are there any places serving lamb from Ibiza on the island?

That article was exactly what prompted me to ask - it claims lamb is "hugely popular", but I don't recall seeing milk lamb on every restaurant menu on the island.

Interesting that the article states the most important product of Ibiza sheep is manure :D :
facefoodmag said:
The importance of sheep for farming practices in Ibiza is due to the role it plays as a source of organic matter for fertilising and preserving the fields, so reusing crop residues at a very low cost

Last edited:
That article was exactly what prompted me to ask - it claims lamb is "hugely popular", but I don't recall seeing milk lamb on every restaurant menu on the island.

Interesting that the article states the most important product of Ibiza sheep is manure :D :

Milk lamb season is usually spring (Easter). Sometimes, till end of June.

Digging out an old thread. If I want to eat local Ibiza lamb next week, what would the restaurant recommendation(s) be? I would prefer a simple rustic restaurant to an uber-expensive luxury one (provided the food tastes great). Location doesn't matter - I will happily drive to a tasty meal.

And is milk lamb available this time of the year?

Digging out an old thread. If I want to eat local Ibiza lamb next week, what would the restaurant recommendation(s) be? I would prefer a simple rustic restaurant to an uber-expensive luxury one (provided the food tastes great). Location doesn't matter - I will happily drive to a tasty meal.

And is milk lamb available this time of the year?

can balafia.

call tonight still for a chance for a table.

we went on friday after not having been in years, and it is still one of my all time favourites for good meat in a traditional ibicenco atmosphere.

Back