EasyJet

I have ALWAYS been delayed by a minimum of 1 1/2 hrs. Also had to wait over an hour after we had landed to get the stairs to the plane to let us off and then had to wait well over another hour for the luggage to be taken off the plane.

this is the first negative comment about easyjet...i've started thinking that i'm making a correct decision not to book another ticket:rolleyes:

I have been to lots of places with them and have never had a problem. You will be fine mate (although dont come knocking at mine for somewhere to stay when the plane is delayed!!)

Yes - annoys me when people complain about the 'extra' charges etc. It's giving consumers what they want - options to put on top of a cheaper base price. Do they think 99p flights fly on water?! I'm all for it me, more power to them. Ok the PR could be better, but that aint the product.

Easyjet, apart from realising the orange faced woman who takes your passport, checks your boarding card, serves your drink and (probably) flies the plane is the same person - i've never had any problems at all. In fact their model relies upon quick turnarounds at the airport, so they may be less likely to delay than others. Maybe.

In all my times flying with Ryanair (hundreds) i have not once ever gotten a flight for 99 cents, this is a myth,very very rarely will anyone ever get such a deal, sure when you view the flights they might be 99 cents but by the time you add on everything else it's a lot more than what you thought it was going to be.

I've had so many bad experiences with this airline i could probably write a book, i don't care what anyone says,especially Michael O Leary 'you get what you pay for' good customer service should be a priority at all times in all industries not just the airline industry, and Ryanairs customer service is probably the worst ive ever come across along with BT Ireland and NTL, they are in short an absolute disgrace and i go out of my way to avoid flying with them but sometimes it canot be avoided..:evil:

Last edited by a moderator:
I fly international about twice a month with work and since they pay I never fly low cost airlines, On the national carriers the seats are crap, the service is crap, the planes are delayed and they loose the luggage.
When I pay I fly with low cost airlines, the planes are new, they have good seats, service is good, and as you have to check in your luggage for each part of the journey (I've never done a transit with a low cost) you never loose the luggage.
The only downside is the nazi way they have of regulating luggage weight. 1 bag less than 20 Kilos, hand luggage less than 10 kilos thats the rules. I've heard some people get the odd kilo past them but normaly its pay up time and get to the back of the que.
You can stick your foot just underneath the bag on weigh in and push the bag up, but they are quite wise to that trick.
All in all low cost is great, certainly better than economy with a national carrier.
Travel tip fill up a drink bottle with some mixer drink, ie voddy and orange (Ive done this in the bogs in duty free before so don't think you have to be that organised) then just keep asking for cups of Ice (they are free) and bring your own sarnies. remember to buy a scratch card on board as the cabin crew do need to get some money off you.

In all my times flying with Ryanair (hundreds) i have not once ever gotten a flight for 99 cents, this is a myth,very very rarely will anyone ever get such a deal, sure when you view the flights they might be 99 cents but by the time you add on everything else it's a lot more than what you thought it was going to be.

I've had so many bad experiences with this airline i could probably write a book, i don't care what anyone says,especially Michael O Leary 'you get what you pay for' good customer service should be a priority at all times in all industries not just the airline industry, and Ryanairs customer service is probably the worst ive ever come across along with BT Ireland and NTL, they are in short an absolute disgrace and i go out of my way to avoid flying with them but sometimes it canot be avoided..:evil:

I commuted to Dublin every week for 18 Months and regularly got 99c flights plus taxes to they worked out at about €17 each way, but.....

In January 2007 I flew Mrs Jam from Bristol to Dublin and back for €1.98 including everything.

Ryanair were running a promotion at the time and the airport charges were waived. It was my last week working in Dublin and it was funny how the parking at Bristol for just 48 hours was of 10x the cost of the flight...

any experiences with lost luggage???
is this usual at easyjet???

Providing that the check in staff attach the labels correctly, the only people who can be responsible for losing the luggage are the ground crew / baggage handlers so this is airport specific rather than airline..

Of course only BA fly out of T5 Heathrow so this is why most people incorrectly associate lost luggage with BA...

Back