Easter rundowns

Robder

Feeling rancid today - am such a fraud trying to function like a normal person with a mashed up brain. :?:lol:

Absolutely brilliant bank holiday.

Thurs - secretsundaze @ the Coronet - it was OK-ish...quite pedestrian these days. £20 on the door? Whatever happened to the original freebie with a BBQ amongst friends ethos?
Terrible boring minimal downstairs - all very serious.
Horsemeat upstairs was fantastic and fun fun fun.

Saturday - I finally made it to Behind Bars - such an inspiring place. They're a DIY collective that put on parties in various squats around the city. It's all very spontaneous and performance based...amazing crowd - proper subculture stuff. Loads of sexy crusty types and an impressive show of ink and facial finery (yummmmmmmmmmmm I didn't know where to look - woof). :lol:
Such a respectful crowd - pay if you can afford to, everyone talks to everyone - no pretentiousness and loads of sillyness (unlike the stupid stuck up girlies dancing around handbags at ss :rolleyes:)...Also quite interesting to hear about how the police dealt with these people over the G20 summit - shocking.
Every now and then a tranny would come around with a whip and herd everyone into a new room :lol: and the music was reeeeally old skool techno. The spirit of the 90s is back! Wooo! 8)8)8)
Loads of nudity - think girls running around shouting obscenities into megaphones - and even poetry readings, trance dancing guitar playing upstairs. :eek: :lol:
(...& the odd orgy on the sofas in the basement - blimey. :oops:)
Loved it - really wild.
Not sure I want to go to a 'normal' club again (boooring :lol:).

Sh!t! Well nothing like Robders but here goes..

Friday- Monday - went down to the coast for the weekend. Weather was lovely. day at the beach, day in the garden, day at the fair via the Romney Hythe and Dymchurch railway :eek:! Ate well and drank well, good wholesome fun.

FUlly recharged for this weekend's blow out at Matter for Sven Vath.

Complete opposite to Robders :lol::lol::

Friday: Trimmed back the apple trees as part of my mission to reclaim my walled garden from nature and my lack of attention.

Saturday: Another shift in the garden - too exhausted to move in the evening apart from check listing what i need to get in for my trip to Ibiza in June.

Sunday: Cooked an Easter Sunday Dinner for all the family single handedly and had a few hours in the pub afterwards as a reward for my efforts.

Monday: Trip to the local Deer Park and to a farm for lots of four legged family fun :lol:.

Quiet one in anticipation of my 35th next weekend.

Thu: virtually collapsed on the sofa from tiredness - why do you get at least 6 days work to finish in a 4 day week eh????? I got to relax as Phil had cooked a chinese banquet and fed me and kept me chilled...

Fri: Garden madness - 7 1/2 hrs of what can only be described as hot, sweaty and dirty.... created a railway sleeper wall and anchored them in, levelled the ground above the mini sleeper wall, planted a multitude of plants took apart a massive rockery and extended the garden and refenced. Groundwork is ready for "Operation ton and a half of gravel" on Thursday.

Sat: put together the garden furniture, grass seeded the lawn and fed it. Phil had a day off watching football and then went to see a mate about a dog and spent couple of hours up there after the football.

Sun: Bloc Party at Stereo in Newcastle. absolutely funktastic - wish I had gone down "better prepared" because by 9.30pm the whole bar was in meltdown the music was that fantastic, cracking tune after cracking tune being flung out - quality night, crowd were spot on and for the fact it was a special £2 a pint - no idiots whatsoever... Looking forward to the next BH Madness there.

Mon: More Gardening - but with a hangover from hell.....

All in all a fabulous 4 day break with a bit of everything.... 8)

Robder - Maximum respect!! (next time, please do invite me along!)

Thursday - Grand opening of Nobu restaurant in Moscow. Stood inches away from Robert De Niro and Mr Nobu himself :D Followed that up with an art gallery party.

Friday - David Lynch exhibit opening (the 3rd Lynch-related event that week!). Met the man himself 8) Then out for dinner with friends, followed by the official opening of a new bar called Bonnie & Clyde. Went home, showered, changed, and headed straight to the airport for...

Saturday - Early morning flight to London. Noisy bunch of kids on a school trip kept me awake :evil: Got to hotel, took a 2hr nap, then to Stamford Bridge for Chelsea v Bolton :eek::eek::eek: How Bolton scored 3 goals none of us quite understand but the last few minutes of the game were heart attack inducing.

After-match drinks with some friends, then down to Southbank center for the Royksopp concert :D :D :D Good stuff.

Afterward, went over to bar at the Hayward Gallery where a friend of a friend promotes a monthly techno night. They had a guy doing some serious underground live stuff with switches, modified turntables, light bulbs, a blender and various other things... weird but cool.

Sunday - Very slow day. Almost stayed in but got a call from a colleague so ended up going out for an Easter roast dinner at a pub in Fulham. Many beers later, going to the CircoLoco night at Heaven sounded like the best idea. I quite liked Heaven... the main room does turn into a sauna when it fills up but the smaller rooms were quite nice and great music everywhere.

Monday - Relaxing day. Went down to Bond/Oxford/Regent streets for some shopping. Then met friends for dinner at Automat in Mayfair.

And tonight is the big game :twisted: Come on Blues!

Friday - David Lynch exhibit opening (the 3rd Lynch-related event that week!). Met the man himself 8)

Wow - Jon would be very jealous, David Lynch is his idol!!

I was in Spain from Tues - Sunday. Had a fantastic time but suffering withdrawal symptoms from drinking every day now :eek: :lol:

Also went to Mulletover on Sunday night which was suprisingly good, despite it being in an underground carpark / storage space! It had a really oldskool ravey feel - complete with portaloos.
Really enjoyed some great sets from Noze (live), Rhadoo and Geddes. Stayed til the very end (7am). Great party! :D

Wow - Jon would be very jealous, David Lynch is his idol!!

I was in Spain from Tues - Sunday. Had a fantastic time but suffering withdrawal symptoms from drinking every day now :eek: :lol:

Also went to Mulletover on Sunday night which was suprisingly good, despite it being in an underground carpark / storage space! It had a really oldskool ravey feel - complete with portaloos.
Really enjoyed some great sets from Noze (live), Rhadoo and Geddes. Stayed til the very end (7am). Great party! :D

Spotted your husband in the Coronet on Thurs...tearing balloons from the ceiling in the disco room and waggling them around in his crotch area.

He does make me chuckle. :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

Mine was very quiet and subdued compared to some on here ;)

Friday we went for a nice stroll by the shops as it was the only day that was sunny where I live :spank:, got some food to cook for dinner as we had the place to ourselved, good old Toad in the Hole. Spent the afternoon on the sofa eating Cadburys Easter Eggs and watching Peep Show :lol:

Saturday went for a swim in the morning, BF played footie all day so had the day to myself, more relaxing, more shopping (last minute for the BF - flowers and eggs for our parents), night in with my parents, good old roast dinner and Britains Got Talent

Sunday took the dog for a walk over the woods and family dinner (roast again :confused:) at BFs, his usual family clan were over including his little niece who has the pox :cry:

Monday some good old retail therapy with mum 8)

Had a proper relaxing weekend, the days dragged on for ages.....8)

Oh and I ate way too many Easter Eggs :oops::oops::lol:

Spotted your husband in the Coronet on Thurs...tearing balloons from the ceiling in the disco room and waggling them around in his crotch area.

He does make me chuckle. :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

Grrrr :x He said to me he was well behaved! :evil:

Although I should have realised when I texted him Friday afternoon to see if he had recovered yet and he was still out at 93 feet east :spank::rolleyes:

Friday - David Lynch exhibit opening (the 3rd Lynch-related event that week!). Met the man himself 8)

soooooo jealous
was it the Air is on Fire exhibition?
went to that in Paris two years ago and loved it

my rundown

Wed - Bat For Lashes, superb gig, chilled, great music

Thur - Russel Brand - hilarious fantastic night (apart from the slaaags going up to the stage all night)

Fri - not a lot

Sat - footie in the afternoon and then a quiet night in

Sun - Zoo with in-laws inc my wee nephew (1st zoo trip) then back to Glasgow for drinks and dinner

Mon - not a lot apart from some more in-law family time

soooooo jealous

my rundown

Wed - Bat For Lashes, superb gig, chilled, great music

Thur - Russel Brand - hilarious fantastic night (apart from the slaaags going up to the stage all night)

Fri - not a lot

Sat - footie in the afternoon and then a quiet night in

Sun - Zoo with in-laws inc my wee nephew (1st zoo trip) then back to Glasgow for drinks and dinner

Mon - not a lot apart from some more in-law family time

I quite like her

I really wanted to go to SS to catch innervisions live (they played minimal?? :eek: ) but unfortunately a certain cashpoint 'ate' my card and natwest later informed me someone defrauded me of £250 in the time it took me to find my friends in nearby boozer and then make the call to get the card cancelled

saturday night on the other hand was seriously ace - went on the lowlife boat party, then the russian bar, finally ending up at someone's amazing loft in seven sisters

= CARNAGE

:D

I really wanted to go to SS to catch innervisions live (they played minimal?? :eek: )

No they didn't - but it was good music played to a dull geeky crowd really.

The sound system didn't help much either sadly.

Very echoey and too much bass.

soooooo jealous
That's the one. Currently on display at the Yekaterina Foundation building in Moscow.

A separate exhibit by Lynch together with shoe designer Christian Louboutin called "Fetish" is on at the Garage Center for Contemporary Culture. I heard there was a 3rd one at the city's main Louboutin shoe boutique.

Plus, apparently, Lynch held some meeting on promoting transcendental meditation or some such stuff. A couple of friends of mine attended and posted pics on Facebook. He was handing out signed Russian versions of his book.

Basically, Lynch packed as much in (and presumably made as much money) as he could in a few days time :lol:

shoop shoop, amazing weekend had by me, I love easter weekend!

Thursday:

Secret sundaze at the Coronet - whilst it could have been a good night the sound system completely ruined it for me - the deep sounds innervision were playing was completely lost in that cavernous main room - every beat sort of woomphed above your head and any atmosphere was completely lost. Shame really as the bits I heard rather than trying to find a place where the sound wasn't awful were pretty good (and no it wasn't minimal olly ;) :lol: ) - love Dixon and was really looking forward to catching him. Will have to see him at Fabric or at least on a good sound system when I can next. Decided to leave early as I was bored at around 5am.

Friday: Afternoon drinking in soho (yay happy hours!) followed by a house party down in clapham (why do people move there :evil: bloody miles!) which was good but had a few too many people that created a bad atmosphere. Still managed to stick around until about 2pm when I went to Kitchen Party in hamstead somewhere (bloody miles from clapham, urgh, children should not be allowed on the tube) which was absolutely amazing. It's a small free party in someone's garden and kitchen, you bring your own booze and they put on free food and everything. Reboot from Luciano's label was playing and he was utterly fantastic - played just the kind of sorta proggy choppy kinda tribally techno I'm loving at the moment, perfect. Great crowd, very busy, since it was the last one at that location it went on until 2am.

Crawled home and died sunday morning.

Sunday: up late afternoon after a mammoth 12 hours sleep and went to the tropicana rooftop party at the Queen of Hoxton. Too much disco (felt like I'd paid to go to a bbq really - nothing good enough to dance properly to) which then moved to more disco downstairs and even more disco in the basement (FAR too much disco!). Was good to catch up with a lot of friends though.

Left and went to wet yourself at Fabric - also absolutely fantastic. Best fabric crowd I've ever seen and DJ hell was amazing - some of the best music I've heard at Fabric before, proper techno. Danced so much my feet were killing me.

Tried to go on to the mulletover afterparty at the star but it was full and I couldn't really be bothered to wait for people to leave. So went to bed as I had a busy day today at work :confused:

overall fantastic weekend :twisted:

laying low from now on to save £££ for sonar :spank:

That's the one. Currently on display at the Yekaterina Foundation building in Moscow.

A separate exhibit by Lynch together with shoe designer Christian Louboutin called "Fetish" is on at the Garage Center for Contemporary Culture. I heard there was a 3rd one at the city's main Louboutin shoe boutique.

Plus, apparently, Lynch held some meeting on promoting transcendental meditation or some such stuff. A couple of friends of mine attended and posted pics on Facebook. He was handing out signed Russian versions of his book.

Basically, Lynch packed as much in (and presumably made as much money) as he could in a few days time :lol:

Excellent

saw it at the Cartier Foundation in Paris
his art is as disturbing as his cinema
really good stuff :twisted:

Back