Easter plans

watergate's awesome. Perfect small room clubbing
RD_Watergate_3.jpg

It needs me and I need it. Fingers crossed!

I love the Easter weekend, just because it feels so long!

This one is going to be great for me because we are finally moving into our new flat.....and will be in by Easter. Yay!! :lol:

Well yes and no.

I can see why they want to keep say, the 12 man stag do out that I am going with. However the danger is that the two clubbers amongst us don't get in when we try alone, for no sensible reason.

We shall see.

You'll be fine.

Just don't pretend to be German, and don't shuffle along avoiding eye contact with the bouncers.

Get "Sprechen sie Englisch, meine Deutsch is nacht zehr gut" at the ready, with an honest sense of accepting that you are an out of towner, though you want to engender upon them that you have the attitude that you're entirely there for the music and have travelled from afar to see these DJ's and this club, and not as if it's the latest leg of your 19 club marathon tour because you read it on the Easyjet mag on the way over*, (along with the 8 pairs of people immediately behind whispering in the same foreign tongue to each other, overly pretending not to know the other group directly around them :lol:).

*Though the book Somethign soemthing something Berlin and the Easyjet set is an awesome read ;)

Maundy Thursday - Forensic Records event - usual easter thingummyjig, and judging by the way my body copes with recovery these days - naff all for the rest of the Easter...:twisted:

You'll be fine.

Just don't pretend to be German, and don't shuffle along avoiding eye contact with the bouncers.

Get "Sprechen sie Englisch, meine Deutsch is nacht zehr gut" at the ready, with an honest sense of accepting that you are an out of towner, though you want to engender upon them that you have the attitude that you're entirely there for the music and have travelled from afar to see these DJ's and this club, and not as if it's the latest leg of your 19 club marathon tour because you read it on the Easyjet mag on the way over*, (along with the 8 pairs of people immediately behind whispering in the same foreign tongue to each other, overly pretending not to know the other group directly around them :lol:).

*Though the book Somethign soemthing something Berlin and the Easyjet set is an awesome read ;)

Cheers Dan, good tips!

I did grade 1 german at school so could confidently ask the way to the train station and tell them I am 14 years of age but I guess that's useless?

Baring that a bit of research into who is playing that eve can not harm anything. Will report on my success or lack there of! Will always have a back up plan, obviously tonnes of good places there.

Good Friday all day drinking session round local pubs then Easter Sunday goin to see Villalobos and Digweed at Circus in Liverpool

Layo & Bushwacka and Carl Cox at the Warehouse on Easter thursday, then probably Cocoon at Matter on saturday.

well so far ive been good and not gone out once and even went to the gym on saturday (first weekend session ever!) . Today it seems an all day drinking session in the old queens head may undo any good work which may be followed by a free warehouse party by the truman brewery , circo loco at matter or WetYourSelf at Fabric. Or maybe I'll fall asleep in the pub like New Years Day :oops:

Have also had a fairly quiet weekend thus far :eek:

(the dreadful cheese night at VIVA nightclub on richmond bridge not withstanding - another story for another time)

..will however be spinning some records this evening at the pangea project in stoke newington, free entry + live music too. Quality assured.

rave safe kids :twisted:

My weekend has just stalled with an onset of man-flu:(

Wouldn't mind if I hadn't been sensible and come home after the Arsenal game yesterday.:twisted:

I'm just getting over a long bike ride and later i'll be playing at 'Back to my House' in Oxford.

I've got the closing set after Boy George, Brandon Block, Graeme Park, Jon Pleased Wimmin..........should be classic!!

Tomorrow = die then pub then die.

:)

Viva in richmond olly! used to be Park Avenue! I vowed never to go in there when i was 17 and so far have not breeched the doors.that is a low blow olly a low blow
edit: off chops btw

Viva in richmond olly! used to be Park Avenue! I vowed never to go in there when i was 17 and so far have not breeched the doors.that is a low blow olly a low blow
edit: off chops btw

:lol::lol::lol:

yes i did frequent park ave a few times (you weren't spoilt for choice growing up in TW9) but hadn't been out in Richmond for donkeys. Met some old friends from sixth form days, 2 of whom were parading new girlfriends. Had some tapas at the spanish restuarant downstairs and then someone suggested going to the club. I sensed it would be a dark experience but had forgotten how bad these places are - BOOM! BOOM! SHAKE THE ROOM! JUMP! JUMP! EVERYBODY SAY HO-OOOOO (dj dramatically stops CD and holds ear out) HO-OOOOO - the lowest point was when he went on the mic and demanded we "give it up for Richieeeee from New Malden celebrating his 29th birthday tonight" (said in bizarre transatlantic drawl) followed immediately by the infamous Clock reworking of axel-f!

My justification for not leaving immediately was

a/ politeness
b/ raging hormones
c/ it was pissing down outside

Back