Dublin

Fan

Hi,

I am thinking about going to Dublin for 1 night, without booking an hotel.

I see that clubs have to close at 2 o'clock

Is that right ?

Where did you read this?
Most clubs stay open to 3am with last orders at 2:30am... but this is normally only the bigger, crapier clubs like Lillies... full of David Beckham clones.

The better nights normally stay on a bit longer.
I would recomend Bodytonic in the POD... great wee intimate night with chunky beats.

J

Last time I was in Dublin there was an afterhours do in a pub by the river Liffey so I'm guessing there will be stuff open.

Jonny68 on here lives there and will probably be able to help, if you can stomach his Celtic diatribes. :lol:

Clubs do not close at 2am mate although if the Government get their way a new law will be passed meaning they will:rolleyes:

What type of music are you into so i can point you in the right direction as regards clubs,etc?

If you're into dance music http://www.tripod.ie/flash.html is your best bet by far opens until about 3.45am, also i would book a hotel in advance as you'll be lucky to get one here if you don't and even if you do you'll pay well over the odds as it is summertime and Dublin is awash with tourists, any more info you need let me know.

Jonny that law was introduced last week! i.e. 1st August.

Still though get out nice and early and you will have a good night! As above the pod on a friday or saturday http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/events/ or tripod usually have a big name on a Friday!

Let me know if you want to know more about anything! :)

was in tripod on friday,it was had kandi and probably one of the best nights ive had in dublin,only thing music was finished by 2.45 which done my head in but id check this night out its on most fridays durin tjhe summer

Come on Jonny!
You must have at least one spare Lady ''Friend'' from your hareem to show the lad a good time.

Yeah Jay! Been to it in wax alright! The lads put on some quality nights no matter what venue they have it in. They are also running a pub up around portabello which is worth checking out called the bernard shaw some good all dayers etc... going on there!

Yeah Jay! Been to it in wax alright! The lads put on some quality nights no matter what venue they have it in. They are also running a pub up around portabello which is worth checking out called the bernard shaw some good all dayers etc... going on there!

Sounds good... I know the area quite well (used to live in Rathmines)
Must check it out, cheers. Oh, just one more thing... I got tickets to electric picnis this year as well just wondering if Body Tonic will have a tent there. I know they've had one the past couple of years?

J

I'm in Dublin next weekend for the Tipp v Waterford hurling match.

Anyone recommend some good bars? Pref decent music and full of filth bags. Thx.

was in tripod on friday,it was had kandi and probably one of the best nights ive had in dublin,only thing music was finished by 2.45 which done my head in but id check this night out its on most fridays durin tjhe summer

Hed Kandi are you sure mate :eek: my perception of Hed Kandi is cheese of the highest order complete with professional posers/fake people!!!

I'm in Dublin next weekend for the Tipp v Waterford hurling match.

Anyone recommend some good bars? Pref decent music and full of filth bags. Thx.

Anywhere around Temple Bar is your best bet but be prepared to pay well over the odds,anywhere else you wanna know about let me know.

Bodytonic are doing a dance village at the picnic Jay! 3 different tents on the go as far as I am aware!

Re: Fit birds South william street is a good spot for boozing nice bars aroung there like dakota, south william Ba' mizu, spy or else a bit more snooty but fit women dawson street the likes of cafe en seine, ron blacks or samsarra not my cup of tea i.e. very expensive , as I said a bit snobby but whatever your into! :)

Back