Dublin

dw151174

I'm off to Dublin for New Year with my good lady and I was wondering what decent clubs there are frequent for NYE? or even late night bars would suit.

No trance/hard house orientated nights pls :lol: :lol:

Thanks in advance.

dw151174 said:
I'm off to Dublin for New Year with my good lady and I was wondering what decent clubs there are frequent for NYE? or even late night bars would suit.

No trance/hard house orientated nights pls :lol: :lol:

Thanks in advance.
Hi there
I live in Dublin but am going to England for New Years Eve! Your best bet would be either Traffic on Abbey St or the PoD at the top of Harcourt St. Traffic has an upstairs bar and the club is downstairs. Generaly it's house upstairs and techno down. The PoD will be more house/tech-house orientated. Spirit is also on Abbey Street, but I wouldn't really reccommend it, it's more of a gimicky tourist attraction than a proper club in my opinion. There's also a new club recently openend called Radio City, I havn't been yet so I can't say much about it. Melodica are running the nights there though and they always have god progressive dj's on, Sander Kleinberg and Danny Howels are lined up soon. They had James Holden on for New Year's eve last year and from what I heard it was a great night.
You could go on to another forum I'm a member of, www.clubbing-ie.com for more opinions and info.
Hope this helps.

Wayno said:
Hi there
I live in Dublin but am going to England for New Years Eve! Your best bet would be either Traffic on Abbey St or the PoD at the top of Harcourt St. Traffic has an upstairs bar and the club is downstairs. Generaly it's house upstairs and techno down. The PoD will be more house/tech-house orientated. Spirit is also on Abbey Street, but I wouldn't really reccommend it, it's more of a gimicky tourist attraction than a proper club in my opinion. There's also a new club recently openend called Radio City, I havn't been yet so I can't say much about it. Melodica are running the nights there though and they always have god progressive dj's on, Sander Kleinberg and Danny Howels are lined up soon. They had James Holden on for New Year's eve last year and from what I heard it was a great night.
You could go on to another forum I'm a member of, www.clubbing-ie.com for more opinions and info.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info wayno, certainly helps, like my house and progressive stuff so these places will be right up my street.

you should check out 'sunday loungin' in Mischief; south william st, on sunday, usually good housey stuff, with a few classics thrown in. Decent up for it crowd too! stuck in the middle a couple of times........

Anyone who has been over the last couple of years will know all too well that New Years at Melodica is usually a special occasion. Just ask James Holden, Paolo Mojo or the foundations of Club Nassau which are still trembling from the sounds of Holden & Thompson - Nothing ringing in the new year. As we wave good bye to the year that was 2005 and prepare to embrace 2006 with a slightly deranged smile on our face, who better to lead the way other than the new Bedrock baby Mr.Jonathan Lisle.

When John Digweed gives a Dj his personal seal of approval people listen. Over the last couple of years Jonathan has being winning plaudits left right and centre and garnished himself a reputation for sets containing everything but the kitchen sink. Now firmly established as a Bedrock regular and having released his first mix cd for Bedrocks new Original Series (O.S 2 - Jonathan Lisle) he is now a permanent fixture on the roster of pretty much any club you care to mention. Whether it be Bedrocking or clubrocking you can be guaranteed that Lisle's distinctive tech flavoured sound will have the Melodica faithful once more ringing in the New Year in the only fashion we know how. Lisle's forward thinking approach to music see's him incorporating samplers, efx units, keyboards and vodka red bull into his sets, allowing him to whip up his own on the fly edits however he see's fit. Be sure not to miss out on the cracking finale to the year with one of the hottest up and coming Dj's on the planet.

On warm up duties for the night will be Melodica's Frank Lampard - he's big, strong, never misses a gig and we pay him a packet, Mike Mooney. Taking charge of the decks in the build up to 12 bells, Mike will be putting a festive smile on everybody's face with his hypnotic house sound as he puts the sound system through its paces.

Sufficiently rested and ready to rock after the Christmas period, hosting our second room will be Melodica residents Ciaran Reilly and Marty Sheridan. The Cavern is quickly gathering a reputation for itself as one of Dublins most intimate new venues, with a cracking sound system. Ciaran and Marty will be ensuring that you have not one, but two rooms to go equally as wild in this New Years, if it all gets a bit too much for you in room one you can seek refuge in the dark confines of the Cavern.

For those of you making the trip up from the country there is plenty of nearby accommodation to Radio City be it hostels or hotels you seek, Jurys Hotel is a two minute walk from the venue with rooms very reasonably priced and connected to the club is the plush Isaac Butts hotel with full residents bar facilities.

If you’re looking to keep the costs down then there’s no shortage of hostels close to the venue with the excellent Isaac Butt’s hostel being literally a few yards from our front door and plenty more to B+B’s to be found not more than a minute away on Gardener St. More info about all this can be found on our web site www.melodica.ie

Tickets for this cracking Melodirock event can be purchased from www.ticketmaster.ie and are priced at €22.50 inclusive of booking fee. We advise you to purchase tickets early and strap yourself in for whats set to be another immense NYE party from Melodica!!

Back