Dublin - The Review Part 2

Doc, your welcome to come and puke(or not) in our city anytime. You know how to have a good time and are obviously a cool bloke. Pints on me when your over again... we'll hit the right clubs and I'll show you were we tie up all the good looking women and hide them from moany canadians.

Hahahaha - nice one Kiefer, i'll bring my Armani spew bag with me on my next visit. Tie up all the good looking women eh? Sounds interesting... anyway I found a top banana Irish gal, not to mention totally gravy in every respect, who was a pleasure to be with. In fact I thought the whole area was full of allsorts of beautiful women from all number of different nations....no complaints here. ;)

Ok, I seem to have really caused a stir here… looking back at my comments I do want to apologize for being a whiny visitor. Very un-Canadian of me (for those that don’t know, we sort of pride ourselves on being polite, gracious and internationally open-minded).

Anyways, towards the end of my stay in Dublin, I did come to realize that the best thing about Dublin (and Ireland in general) is the people: warm, friendly and less fussed by superficial things than North Americans. I still think Dublin is expensive and am far from in love with the climate, but I did come to appreciate its strengths and (as an aside) had a few great nights out before returning to Canada…

Another thing – I guess that one is always most comfortable at home. I am guessing that Irish visitors to Toronto would be freaked out by the hot summers/cold winters and “body beautiful” population that spends 5 days a week in the gym (reflective of a general image/health obsession def not present in Ireland), etc.

Cheers,

DJC

djcherni said:
Ok, I seem to have really caused a stir here… looking back at my comments I do want to apologize for being a whiny visitor. Very un-Canadian of me (for those that don’t know, we sort of pride ourselves on being polite, gracious and internationally open-minded).

Anyways, towards the end of my stay in Dublin, I did come to realize that the best thing about Dublin (and Ireland in general) is the people: warm, friendly and less fussed by superficial things than North Americans. I still think Dublin is expensive and am far from in love with the climate, but I did come to appreciate its strengths and (as an aside) had a few great nights out before returning to Canada…

Another thing – I guess that one is always most comfortable at home. I am guessing that Irish visitors to Toronto would be freaked out by the hot summers/cold winters and “body beautiful” population that spends 5 days a week in the gym (reflective of a general image/health obsession def not present in Ireland), etc.

Cheers,

DJC

Are stupidity, vanity, and ignorance traits of Canadian people as well. I have relatives and friends in Toronto and Alberta and they don't seem to have these disadvantages so I'm guessing its just you. Also, having had numerous visits from family and friends from Canada, they aren't all obsessed with body beautiful. They would be attractive people but not overly vain as you seem to be. Not forgetting that North America is the most obese continent so that blows your theory out of the water. I personally go to the gym at least 4 times a week but I do have friends who are heavy and friends who are skinny and and I think of them all the same because they are my friends and they are human beings. I have some character depth and I feel only shallow people like yourself judge people by appearance. Get over yourself. Having read your ignorant comments, I can start to relate to the writers of South Park (not my kind of program, but reckon they could be on to something) and their hatred of certain Canadians. have you spent much time in the company of the writers of that show as I feel they must be basing their hatred of Canadians on someone like you. I could never base my opinion of a whole race on my dealings with a few so I will not generalise that all Canadians are stupid, vain, ignorant people. Just you. Your generalising is pure ignorance you rascist. Come take our money and hate us and our country, says a lot about you and your character. Glad we don't fit in in your world, what a horrible existence you live. All the gym work in the world could make you beautiful for your ugliness is inside and it oozes from your personality. The lonliest beautiful Canadian in Ireland, a country that loves all people. Says a lot about you. I hope you wake up and realise your own shortcomings one day, for your own sake, you muppet!!!

Dr Fox said:
...what about Daniel O'Donnell? That boy can move!!! :lol: :lol:

Think you had far to many cheekys for breakfast matey. Go to your room and if you don't behave for the rest of the day there'll be no Space for you next sunday.....

Well I was going to say how blown away I was by the good docs review of dublin, but I was MORE blown away by keifers review of the canadian! I was wetting myself, well done son!

Anyway, back to what this is all about... doc, sounds like you have had an awesome time there and although I have never been, I would consider the place as an option if I had the money, more so now that you have told us of your experiences!

Okay, so Dublin is not everyones cup of tea, but we all know what its like and if we dont like it then surely its fairly logical to just not go there!

By the way doc, are you still in beefa right now? When are you back?

Back