Dubai

agentundercover

Ok, time to take a break from Brucie and NA.

I'm off to Dubai as part of my honeymoon next week. I'm aware of the obvious things to do and see - however if anyone has any tips on the out of the way Dubai, that i won't find in the Lonely Planet - please let me know!

Ok, time to take a break from Brucie and NA.

I'm off to Dubai as part of my honeymoon next week. I'm aware of the obvious things to do and see - however if anyone has any tips on the out of the way Dubai, that i won't find in the Lonely Planet - please let me know!

We did the same, we stayed in Maldives for the 1st ten days, then stopped off in Dubai for 4 nights on the way back. As you can imagine, after spending the first 10 days in absolute Paradise I was dissapointed to arrive to the worlds largest building site. :spank: Though once we arrived at our hotel in Jumeirah all was ok ;) (apart from being the end of the footy season, and every premiereship footballer and his dog (literally) were there)

We mostly chilled at our hotel complex in Jumeirah (Madinat Jumeirah, which has everything, and you can use the facilities of the Burj 8)). Though we did do the desert tour, which included dune bashing in a 4x4 (absolutely brilliant) folowed by a camel ride (a bit smelly) then a BBQ and a good ol' smoke of the Shisha, I highly recommend it.

I wouldnt bother with the Gold souk, now with the price of gold it just isnt worth the traffic jam to get into town :spank: The shopping is great, I got some nice new suits at amazing prices, and 'she' got some nice shoes apparently. And you can ski if you like at Ski Dubai (her indoors wouldnt let me), its weird to see the Arabs skiing past as you shop :confused:

As for eating, I cant recommed highly enough the restaurant on the pier in Jumeirah (if you are staying in the area) called pierchic. Tea at the Burj is quite a stuffy affair, though is worth it for the view.

Apart from that mate, I cant really say much more ;)

Ps Am I right in thinking you have something to do with Liverpool one ? If so is Bridgestreet at Liverpool one ok to stay at :?:

If you are here over the weekend, Dubai Sound City is on: http://www.dubaisoundcity.com/gigs.html listings below

During the week you want to go to 360 at Jumeirah Beach Hotel for sunset http://www.jumeirah.com/en/Hotels-a...eirah-Beach-Hotel/Restaurants--Nightlife/360/

Also you should go to Dubai Mall on an evening to see the Dubai Fountain.

Chi at the Lodge is a bit cheesy but you can dance in their garden.

THere is always my local, Fibber Magees for a proper beer (but you probably wont find it) where you'll find me propping us the bar

Apres bar at Mall of Emirates is pretty smart - you overlook the ski slope.

www.timeoutdubai.com gives you listings.

Barasti Bar is ok - beach bar.

I would definately recommend that you go down old Dubai, along the creek and the souqs. see allof the things that come off the boats.

Also you shoud go to Dubai museum.

A day trip down to Abu Dhabi (my favourite place) is worthwhile - about 2 hour drive. It is an interesting contrast to Dubai. Visit Emirates Palace Hotel http://www.emiratespalace.com/en/home/index.htm

Also dinner one night at Bab A Shams is worthwhile (get a free bus from Jumeriah Beach Hotel) http://www.jumeirah.com/en/Hotels-a...Al-Shams/Restaurants--Nightlife/Al-Hadheerah/

If you are here on a FRiday go for bruch at Yallumba http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemer...tail.html?propertyID=1893&attractionId=207623 it is infamous for the place where the sex on the beach couple met. You need to book now though. Carry on after (4pm) at Alpha. Friday is party day here.

It is beautiful weather at the moment (mid 30's), I am sure you will have plenty to do (outwith your hotel room).

Have a good time

Irish Village
GigDates_01.gif
GigDates_02.gif
GigDates_03.gif
Human League
Doves
The Futureheads
The Farm
Aslan
Dirty Skirts (SA)
Sound of Guns
Bicycle Thieves
Tim Hassall + August Company
Sound City winner
EvergreenHappy Mondays
Ocean Colour Scene
De La Soul
The Courteeners
Outlandish
Gabriella Cilmi

Kissy Sell Out
Skank Sinatra
We Have Band
Wave Machines
Sound
Beat Antenna
Echo & the Bunnymen
Super Furry Animals
The Wombats
Alphabeat
Nitin Sawhney
The Automatic
The Parlotones
Dan Black
Post War Years
Meerkats
Recipe
YemiAlpha Ezra Bang & Hot MachineJaxxma
Shiva Soundsystem
Foreign Beggars
DJ Shero (DJ)
Kissy Sell Out (DJ)
We Have Band (live)
Da:Funct (live)
Zahra
Rude Larry

VIP Closing Party
Chi Chi - Main Room
Layo & Bushwacka! (DJ Set)
The Whip (Live)

Ladytron (Live)
Chi - Red Room
Mr Mr (Audiotonic)
Raxon (Audiotonic)
Vas Floyd (Audiotonic)
Chi - White Room
DJ John
TBCTBC360 Tristan Bain
SlutterhouseAudio Tonic
Francois Dubois aka Funk D'void
Mr Mr
Vas Floyd
RaxonSoulful Session
Victor Simonelli
Schooly
Simon Reid
M.I.Festival City Jesse Jagz
Tom Fox-Davies
Amar feat Jim Beanz
Banky W
YemiSound of Guns
Bicycle Thieves
Inspector Cluzo
Evergreen
Desert Heat
YemiWave Machines
Dan Mangan
Evergreen
Inspector Cluzo
Slutterhouse
Qu'sai and the Jeddah LegendsWarehouse Kae Sun
Dan Mangan
Honey Ryder
YemiTBCJesse Jagz
M.I.
BankyApartment TBCKae Sun
M.I.TBC

We did the same, we stayed in Maldives for the 1st ten days, then stopped off in Dubai for 4 nights on the way back. As you can imagine, after spending the first 10 days in absolute Paradise I was dissapointed to arrive to the worlds largest building site. :spank: Though once we arrived at our hotel in Jumeirah all was ok ;) (apart from being the end of the footy season, and every premiereship footballer and his dog (literally) were there)

We mostly chilled at our hotel complex in Jumeirah (Madinat Jumeirah, which has everything, and you can use the facilities of the Burj 8)). Though we did do the desert tour, which included dune bashing in a 4x4 (absolutely brilliant) folowed by a camel ride (a bit smelly) then a BBQ and a good ol' smoke of the Shisha, I highly recommend it.

I wouldnt bother with the Gold souk, now with the price of gold it just isnt worth the traffic jam to get into town :spank: The shopping is great, I got some nice new suits at amazing prices, and 'she' got some nice shoes apparently. And you can ski if you like at Ski Dubai (her indoors wouldnt let me), its weird to see the Arabs skiing past as you shop :confused:

As for eating, I cant recommed highly enough the restaurant on the pier in Jumeirah (if you are staying in the area) called pierchic. Tea at the Burj is quite a stuffy affair, though is worth it for the view.

Apart from that mate, I cant really say much more ;)

Ps Am I right in thinking you have something to do with Liverpool one ? If so is Bridgestreet at Liverpool one ok to stay at :?:

Spot on, i'll read in detail later mate! Re L1 - yes that's right. I have not been to that building but i would expect it to be good, it's been open long enough for the teething problems to hopefully settle down (not that I know of any, any building has them tho!), I know the client has coughed for a high quality of design and finish. I'd be very interested to hear how you get on.

enjoy the glamour associated with Dubai. Don't bring a trace of drugs with you because they have very harsh laws. Just ask DJ groove rider.

Back