Dubai Techno Scene- not so good.

moesalama

Iam visiting Dubai now and trying the Techno scene here.

I went to circoloco, adam beyer, tale of us and adriatique.

and i will not go again!

problems with Dubai techno scene:

1- the music played by the DJ's is not 100% similar to their music played in Europe- i think this is because they want to match the crowds preferences.

there's Ibiza sound, Berlin sound, Holland/ Italy sound.. but Dubai is so far from all of this.

Techno turns into deep house, which can turns into house in the middle. was very surprised of the music played by Adriatique first, then TOU was a little bit better but with beyer and circoloco, i said i will not do techno again in Dubai.

2- the ratio of girls is so bad, and it gets terrible towards the end.

3- the scene it self is not close to Europe, there is something just not fitting, and if someone is used to good techno parties and venues in Europe, it will be very hard to get used to Dubai's scene.

4- most people are not high on the music, and i think 80% to 90% are drunk, not high.

These were my observations on Dubai techno scene.

Dubai is a monster, but it’s not a city location that I think anyone expects any sort of scene from. It’s a high end town with high end punters and harsh punishments. The vibe in Europe is loose. Drugs are expected and there is a seedier underbelly to it which plays hand in hand to a thriving atmosphere for techno. They get away with house / tech house music because it is more polished

Iam visiting Dubai now and trying the Techno scene here.

I went to circoloco, adam beyer, tale of us and adriatique.

and i will not go again!

problems with Dubai techno scene:

1- the music played by the DJ's is not 100% similar to their music played in Europe- i think this is because they want to match the crowds preferences.

there's Ibiza sound, Berlin sound, Holland/ Italy sound.. but Dubai is so far from all of this.

Techno turns into deep house, which can turns into house in the middle. was very surprised of the music played by Adriatique first, then TOU was a little bit better but with beyer and circoloco, i said i will not do techno again in Dubai.

2- the ratio of girls is so bad, and it gets terrible towards the end.

3- the scene it self is not close to Europe, there is something just not fitting, and if someone is used to good techno parties and venues in Europe, it will be very hard to get used to Dubai's scene.

4- most people are not high on the music, and i think 80% to 90% are drunk, not high.

These were my observations on Dubai techno scene.

lol what else did you expect?!

I think visiting Dubai, along with Florida is quite possibly my worst nightmare.
Let me make your nightmare worse.

I've got a feeling that the high-end night life in Moscow - especially these days with the wealthy Russians unable to leave and in desperate need of getting their fix / getting shit out of their systems - is currently rather unbearable.

Let me make your nightmare worse.

I've got a feeling that the high-end night life in Moscow - especially these days with the wealthy Russians unable to leave and in desperate need of getting their fix / getting shit out of their systems - is currently rather unbearable.
Add that to my list

my golden rule is to stick to parties I know in countries which have some kind of musical history I can relate to. In most of western europe + North America (East/West Coast) + Australia, Japan, Argentina you will usually find what you're after because there's an infrastructure there that has grown up in the last 30 years. Outside of that, it's a whole different world and you're taking a massive risk I think by just relying on familiar looking billings. I was reading the RA story about the recent massive festie in Uganda musically decent but which was scarily lawless (especially for women) on site and you can't go in naive.

you're taking a massive risk I think by just relying on familiar looking billings
LOL, happened to me in Ibiza once. Space once had a party called "Goa". I thought nothing could go wrong with that name and went there without thinking much, but they were playing tech house :mad:

Back