Dry January

Yep. 3rd year in a row but also sacked off the cigs this time so full on cold turkey for a month (at least)

I've got white collar boxing, tough mudder and a marathon to do this year so need to be in shape!

Yep. 3rd year in a row but also sacked off the cigs this time so full on cold turkey for a month (at least)

I've got white collar boxing, tough mudder and a marathon to do this year so need to be in shape!

I packed in smoking a year ago, went utterly cold turkey with that (stopped in Jan 14th, so nearly a year).
Probs going to stay dry until the end of March.

No. I started up at the gym hardcore again about 3 months back, and figure I could treat myself to a regular treat of rum (or wine, beer, tequila).

No.

I 'rarely' drink during the week and apart from the very occasional weekend binge, I limit myself to a couple of beers or glasses of wine at the weekend now, so no need to do Dry January.

I live by the everything in moderation rule generally throughout the year

nae chance...i had November and half December off (and won the biggest loser at work!) so i am enjoying my January putting it all back on!

Hard week in work plus Merseyside derby tonight means staying dry is going to be tough.

Determined to get through it though

Hard week in work plus Merseyside derby tonight means staying dry is going to be tough.

Determined to get through it though

In a similar boat myself - was planning to do stay dry but we've got Forest Away on Sunday and Chelsea Away on Wednesday so that is looking highly unlikely. Although as others have said I rarely drink during the week and usually binge drink one day which I don't think is too bad right :D

I never get this dry January month. I go out more! In terms of going out in good restaurants in London January is THE month to go out. The best deals are on, you can get a table in most places. Especially towards the end of month when people are broke. i.e. Gordon Ramsey's Maze you can get 4 courses + cocktail for £35! Insane.

Nope if anything I'm doing wet January! Drank every day so far so lets see if I can keep it up :rolleyes:

In a similar boat myself - was planning to do stay dry but we've got Forest Away on Sunday and Chelsea Away on Wednesday so that is looking highly unlikely. Although as others have said I rarely drink during the week and usually binge drink one day which I don't think is too bad right :D

:lol:
Depends how long that day is? ;)

Nice pint or two during the day is always good. IT's when it turns into several more, then some shots after, then a club... that's when it gets out of hand :lol:

Back