Drugs

Has anyone ever seen or had these orange soundclouds in the Uk? Don’t even know if they are here

I see a load of different stamps in the UK (which are all around the same strength - ~220mg), but never seen soundclouds. Doesn't seem to be much of an intersection between the pingers you get in the UK and the ones offered in Ibiza.

I see a load of different stamps in the UK (which are all around the same strength - ~220mg), but never seen soundclouds. Doesn't seem to be much of an intersection between the pingers you get in the UK and the ones offered in Ibiza.

I feel like adding that I believe the reason soundclouds are so good is their purity and possible additives
200mg of a soundcloud vs 200mg of another pill is not the same in my experience

I haven’t ever took pills in my life so can’t comment on how good they are but when people say white doves in the 90’s what would you say is better white doves or orange soundclouds?:lol:

I didn't start doing pills until ~2002, and the pills back then were lots better - not necessarily stronger, but far rushier, more energy. Most people will tell you the same. MDMA is manufactured using a different precursor now - some folk argue that's the reason for the difference. Others will argue that it's down to tolerance. Or it could be some pills back in the day had a bit of speed in them too.

It would be great if someone still had a really old pill so they could be properly lab tested against the pills of today!

I didn't start doing pills until ~2002, and the pills back then were lots better - not necessarily stronger, but far rushier, more energy. Most people will tell you the same. MDMA is manufactured using a different precursor now - some folk argue that's the reason for the difference. Others will argue that it's down to tolerance. Or it could be some pills back in the day had a bit of speed in them too.

It would be great if someone still had a really old pill so they could be properly lab tested against the pills of today!

I think the whole argument that pills were better in the old days is bollox to be honest. Pretty much every study on the subject suggests that they are averaging far more pure MDMA now than they were in the 90s/ early 2000s.

Pills and MDMA are always going to seem better the first time you start doing them as it’s a completely new sensation... after a while your serotonin receptors won’t be as receptive. I’m sure people who started doing pills in this day and age will be standing in a smoking area somewhere in 2030 moaning that ‘they’re not as good now as they were in my day.’

1. there's nothing like you're first (few) time(s) - no matter how hard you chase, you ain't ever gonna feel that good again.
2. your tolerance of course go up with prolonged and regular use.
3. as you get older you just generally tend to be a bit more sensible and a little less reckless. You have an eye on Monday morning and getting back to work, even on a subconscious level. Or if you're in Ibiza, you're more in the mindset of making full use of your day instead of recovering in bed after a heavy one. Or, you might even have kids you need to tend to.

Maybe the way MDMA is manufactured does play a role? But I'd be interested to know if that rings true to any other chemical where the process has differed from then to now?
What we can say for sure - even if it is just in age - is that we have changed.

I think we also need to ask the age old question whether less is more? I'm gonna champion that the pills with (a bit) less MDMA this season actually gave a better buzz than those super-strength ones.

Would people agree even gary’s from say 6-8 years ago were better or is it just a tolerance thing? Im thinking rockstars in ibz and rolex’s back home. Both when i had first started but i got the feeling and more well after the first time...simply haven’t had that feeling ever since

Age old question of when pills were best :lol:

I don’t know which is which, but ive noticed the drugs reflect the music, or the music reflects the drugs. It’s either one or the other I’m not really sure which.

Listening to the really early acid house stuff, it seamed a lot slower tempo and pills were cleaner and purer, although generally lower strength than we see nowadays coming from some of the Dutch firms.

Mid to late 90s there was a group in Newcastle called the Geordie Gabba Mafia (no joke) and they played some seriously hard and fast music all night till 0600. Similar to a Dutch mob that came across frequently, called The Rotterdam Terror Corp. Both really popular at the time along with DJs like Bass Generator and Lenny Dee etc

I reckon you needed more than a few pints of loud mouth soup to make it through some of this stuff, so I imagine back then pills were most definitely cut with speed and caffeine.

I imagine it’s hard to say when pills were best, all we can really rely on is anecdotal evidence. The rose tinted glasses are usually worn though lol.

So to summarise, I haven’t really added anything to the debate and if there was an ‘irrelevant’ option alongside the ‘like’ option it would probably be getting clicked all day.

Generally I keep as much time as I can between taking E. One thing I wouldnt be happy about is ‘losing the magic’

Back