Drugs

It’s a shame everyone can’t be taken at face value, I’ve traveled through Spain with my family and I’ve been learning Spanish for 2 years so can more than get by, but the way some of the locals treated and spoke to us was shit. But watching these videos can show why people can start to feel this why. The shocking part for me in that video, is the guy saying he wouldn’t have it if people from abroad partied in his town like they do in ibiza, that attitude is f***in horrendous.

I'm a Spaniard (although been living abroad for 10+ years now) and what I've observed the times that I've been to Ibiza is that the people who were the most f'ed up beyond anything I'd seen before, were British. Just completely out of their minds, which of course leads to behaviour that nobody likes to see around you, whether you're a local or not.
I'm sure these are a minority but oh man, it's something else.

Like hey, I've been around and still very much "get into it" (going again in September!) so I don't mean to trash people. I'm just saying that folks who drink and do drugs (and I do, too) should be more mindful of the people around them.

Last edited:
Some Friends had them on sat and others had pink triangular shaped pills. Good reports off both
Had the pink triangular ones on sat and although i definitely had a high it was quite mongy rather than that euphoric high. Hopefully the snapchats are still on the island this year

Cannabis is largely released now in germany. The criminalization is over. Its done by cannabis clubs. Similar as in Spain ?

Having lived in BCN for the last 8 years I can sadly confirm that around 95% of the Spanish dislike around 90% of the English (a figure which drops for Scots and Irish, perceived as friendlier overall). And no distinction is made between tourists and expats because many expats are seen as longterm tourists. I make no distiction between cities and resorts either because the same gripes surface all the time on Spanish twitter and media.

It isn’t just cliched, lagered/coked up balconing Brits abroad behaviour though. A lot of middle class Brits are disliked too for lording it over locals, creating ghettos, not learning Sp or Cat, and pricing people out. Of course this isn’t unique to Brits, it’s a global influx that is destabilising jobs and housing access, but the Brits are more visible than the rest because they tend to move around in packs. And are a lot louder than say the Asians, Africans, or other Europeans (in total around 20-25% of local population now)

The irony is that British culture, music, bands, tv, humour, cinema, eccentricity and classic brands are loved in Spain but then people are confronted by the reality… and then people like me get in the neck every fcking day of my life…

Maybe 5 or 10 people on the forum will read this post and some of them will nod and then it will be forgotten and business will go on as usual as it has done for the last 50+ years. Cos most of you deep down don’t give a shit about this stuff.

All I can say to anyone who does care is be nice, learn a few words, eat something decent and maybe you’ll break through the barriers but it will take many years to shift the stereotypes

I do agree with most of this. However, let’s be honest, Brit Bashing will always win votes right?

Back