Driving In Ibiza

D

DJBenson

Hi

I am visiting Ibiza for the second time in june, and have been trying to find out about car rental. I have seen people posting about the minimum age/experience (21 and 2 years experience) but also that young, inexperienced drivers have managed to rent cars.

I am 21 (22 in august) and have been driving 7 months.

What are the chances of getting a car, and which company is most likely gonna loan me one?

DJBenson said:
Hi

I am visiting Ibiza for the second time in june, and have been trying to find out about car rental. I have seen people posting about the minimum age/experience (21 and 2 years experience) but also that young, inexperienced drivers have managed to rent cars.

I am 21 (22 in august) and have been driving 7 months.

What are the chances of getting a car, and which company is most likely gonna loan me one?

Try: http://www.carjet.co.uk/rentacar/spain/ibiza/ - minimum age 21

hi djb,

at the age of 21 you will be fine renting from all car hire companies, but as you say in your post some of them do ask that you have been driving for at least a year.

to be sure the only thing you can do is to write to these companies. this will save disappointment later.

try www.motoluis.com - they have cheap prices and good reputation

not sure about age and restrictions but i wanted to rent a people carrier and was quoted about £330 from every where but i found a 6 seater fiat multipla at carjet.com for 225 bargain :lol: :lol: :lol:

I e-mailed motoluis and they said they wouldn't loan me a car, and also that I'd be lucky if anyone else on the island would.

Any more advice?

I hired a car the last two years and had to get the wife to do it as they wanted you to have driven for 3 + years.

I hired a car the last two years and had to get the wife to do it as they wanted you to have driven for 3 + years.

I've just found out that the girlfriend's family are going (4 drivers with the required experience etc). Would I get away with one of them hiring a car for me, as long as they collect and return the car?

a tad risky. what if you have an accident - you aren't covered by the insurance. or just as likely what if the guardia civil traffic section pull you in on one of their 'routine' money raising road blocks. think carefully about this.

Agreed.

Just gonna have to accept it's public transport this year (again).

Back