Driving in August.

gutsy

I know much is spoken about how busy the island is in August but I’m interested to know what I need to be doing to get around the island in my car rental as easy as possible. We are staying in port des torrent and planning on trips to salinas, Benniras, Ibiza town, San Antonio, Nassau beach plus much more . So what I’m asking is what’s a good time to get out for the day to visit these places, beating the traffic and getting parked.
I drive in Ibiza a lot but any other tips will be welcome as well.
Thanks in advance

basically, if you do daytime trips, the earlier the better. keep in mind this is ibiza, people go to bed late and get going late. so if you get to the beaches really early in the morning you will be fine re parking.

ibiza town I'd directly use the big car park next to ikea and then simply walk in - don't lose your time trying to enter town by car and finding a parking space. I mean it's not impossible, but it's likely you'll be circling around for a silly amount of time.

other than that, just keep cool and consider the fact it is august (usually the busiest month of the year) on an island that doesn't have perfect road infrastructure and a big touristic impact. calculate more time to get from one spot to the next than you usually would, don't get stressed and also consider most other people on the road are tourists that likely will know the roads far less than you do so drive carefully and don't speed

basically, if you do daytime trips, the earlier the better. keep in mind this is ibiza, people go to bed late and get going late. so if you get to the beaches really early in the morning you will be fine re parking.

ibiza town I'd directly use the big car park next to ikea and then simply walk in - don't lose your time trying to enter town by car and finding a parking space. I mean it's not impossible, but it's likely you'll be circling around for a silly amount of time.

other than that, just keep cool and consider the fact it is august (usually the busiest month of the year) on an island that doesn't have perfect road infrastructure and a big touristic impact. calculate more time to get from one spot to the next than you usually would, don't get stressed and also consider most other people on the road are tourists that likely will know the roads far less than you do so drive carefully and don't speed
Cool so heading out around 10am should be a good enough time for salinas and benniras, or even better can I get a taxi boat to benniras, I know this is possible from port des torrent to San Antonio.

Cool so heading out around 10am should be a good enough time for salinas and benniras, or even better can I get a taxi boat to benniras, I know this is possible from port des torrent to San Antonio.

yes, 9-10am should definitely work

u can still find the reusable plastic cup @Nobbie Q hidden in the bushes filled with gin (i guess it may evapor since 1 year) , around pacha P, even i told him , _u can let ur plasctic cup in the car (Rule of thumb in ibz: Always listen to sober people?)
when we were back around Pacha, next day i told him, u can pick back ur cup but he has no ideas where he hide it :spank:

sure.
opening 18 ,when landing in ibz for Ims, straight from airport to Pacha P ( i havent pick location for Friday to Tuesday ? ,4 days partying in a row without sleeping(only last day on Tuesday Morning n nearly miss the flight ) ,peace of cake at this time: ☠power , I cant deal anymore,Ibz Spartan way ?)I found place there at 4h30pm ,in the morning around 10am too..Ive just notice after midnight another story.

Last edited:
I know much is spoken about how busy the island is in August but I’m interested to know what I need to be doing to get around the island in my car rental as easy as possible. We are staying in port des torrent and planning on trips to salinas, Benniras, Ibiza town, San Antonio, Nassau beach plus much more . So what I’m asking is what’s a good time to get out for the day to visit these places, beating the traffic and getting parked.
Thanks in advance
If you can manage before 12 in the morning you can get around. Everything around Porte Des torrent and in and around San Antonio from 1700 till 2300 is crazy with cars!!

One tip

Swim early in the morning at cala conta anytime before 10 and it’s a paradise man or I also go down way after sunset and drink in ashram or Cala escondida and crowds are gone and the vibe is Always good

Two tip

Bahia bay hotel is a fantastic local establishment, family run very good menu del dia and live ibicenco bands on Saturday nights. Real people not like what’s happened to the poor beach which has been carpet bombed by CBBC

Last edited:
Had breakfast there once and was also told the menu of the day was good value. We’ve stayed twice at a friends place but low season, so will be interesting to see the area at its busiest.

Thanks in advance

Best to walk it to San Antonio.

Cala escondida
pay attention kids...

Estar en un lugar dónde nos acogen significa conocerlo, respetar sus orígenes, costumbres y tradiciones.
Porque no comenzamos a usar los nombres correctos de los sitios?? No podemos fiarnos de páginas web, incluso ni de Google...
Voy a poner algunos nombres correctos de lugares que llamamos de otra forma. Por ejemplo:
- Cala Bonita no existe, ese es el nombre del restaurante del lugar. Se llama S'Estanyol...
- Cala Escondida no existe, ese es el nombre del chiringuito del lugar. Se llama Racó d'en Xic...
- Atlantis no existe. Se llama Sa Pedrera de Cala d'Hort...
- Las Puertas del Cielo no existe, ese es el nombre del restaurante del lugar. La zona se llama Sa Penya Esbarrada, los Islotes que podemos ver enfrente se llaman Ses Margalides.
- La Cueva de la Luz no existe. Se llama Na Coloms, conocida como Ullal de na Coloms o Avenc de na Coloms...
- El dedo de Dios no existe. Se llama Carall Bernat o Cap Bernat...
- La Torre del Pirata no existe. Se llama Torre des Savinar...
- Cala Conta también podemos decir que no existe. Son dos playas, la de Tramontana y la de Ponent, el conjunto se llama Platges de Comte...
- El nombre real de Cala Vadella es Cala Vedella...
- El nombre real de Cala Mastella es Cala Mestella...
- La Cala que está al lado del restaurante Sa Caleta se llama Es Bol Nou, no se llama Sa Caleta...
- El Moon Beach y playa Lunar no existe...
- Montecristo tampoco existe. La colina se llama Puig de na Ribes. La estatua se denomina Es Cor de Jesús, y las inmediaciones del polígono industrial, Es Pou de na Maciana...
- No hay ningún Experimental Beach. Eso es un chiringuito. El lugar se llama Cap des Falcó, de siempre...

(Jose Sanchez Rubiño)

The first I heard of it man for Escondida, but I will from now on do my best!!
There’s a few I know because you can read the signs.
But don’t we all attach place names to actual real places, even in our own home towns!! I wouldn’t take to much offence myself

I read on Workers Fb page that some someone died in scooter
it was written ,Be careful and dont drive when drunk(was he drunk?or hit by drunken driver?)
Sounds obvious but who drive in ibz drunk and/or messy with drugs?
I guess plenty ?
if u want to play with fire ,u just got wot u deserve,hoping no collateral damages

Last edited:
Back