drink prices in supermarkets?!

I

ibizaibiza

what are the prices of drinks in the supermarkets??

like a botle of sambuca...
litre of vodka....
6 packs of beer etc??

any help would be greatfull!!

thanks!

p.s juice and food prices in supermarkets would be handy too

from what i remember hey are pretty good prices compared to england...sorry i cant give you exact prices! :)

From my 2 years experience in Ibiza i can safely say that most drinks prices (and food/groceries) in supermarkets are more or less the same as in your common european/american city.

like a botle of sambuca... hello me thinks £5 will cover it
litre of vodka.... £5 again or for €20 u get a litre of smirnoff and 8 redbull mmmm
6 packs of beer etc?? beer was cheap...didnt buy 6 pack we bought 1litre bottles of san miguel for about £1.20...hence big hangovers

Thats pretty close, but you can actually pick up a litre of vodka for £4 and the litre bottles of san miguel were 1Euro20 which is more like 85p. I wasnt looking but I didnt actually see sambuca over there, I am sure they have it though, they have everything else.

silvia said:
motionpicture said:
Wine is embarrassingly cheap.

Well, I bet you it depends on the quality....

Ah, yes. Correction:

For those of us with little taste for wine, wine is embarrassingly cheap.

Esta mejor?

:)

I dont know if that is always the case... as supermarkets rotate their special offers, I tend to go with the next special offer which is usually pretty good and at a reasonable price!

glugging juice, even decent glugging juice is always a lot cheaper than good wine where ever you buy it - 35 years experience chattin this end

I always thought I picked a half decent wine, so come on then.... how do you tell a good wine from glugging juice??

How long is a piece of string - all wine enjoyment is down to individual taste - for me the fuller the red or dryer the white, the better.
With whites I am happy to glug Asda Muscadet at less than £3 a bottle, enjoy many of the Chardonnays at £4 - 5 a bottle, Chablis similar, Macon Village is nice, Pouilly Fume and my personal favourites are Sancerres from probably £8 upwards and Cote de Beaune say £10 - infinity.
Overall I prefer reds starting from M&S French Full Red(which isn't very full) but at £5 a litre is great for glugging as are many of the Ernest & Julio Gallo californian wines, another from M&S Old Vines Grenache Noir and my current favourite is an Asda antipodean called Pencil Pine at around £6.
At the moment I have bottles of Fitou, Medoc, a couple of named Chateau bottles of St.Emilion, a few Neuf du Pape and my absolute favourite which I can only afford about once a year is Gevrey Chambertin (£15-25)although anything from Nuits St George I can force down :p and when in Ibiza happy to glug Monistrol white or red and enjoy a nice Rioja like Marques de Risqual or something like that
I do enjoy my wine

i think what silvia means when she says cheap is comparatively cheap. compared to britain (and i think usa) wine in spain is very cheap.

i currently have a bottle of montilla fino in my fridge €1.39 and a nice navarra cabernet sauvignon at only €2.29 both from lidl!

a six pack ( 3 L) of good german beer is €2.79.

however my all time favourite spanish beer alhambra reserva weighs in at a hefty €4 ish in syp (now called aprop)

motionpicture said:
silvia said:
motionpicture said:

Ah, yes. Correction:

Esta mejor?

Mucho Mejor ;) 8) :D

But remember that Spain is one of the best producers of wine around the world, nothing like a good Rioja, Ribera del Duero or my favourite one, a good bottle of Priorat.

Cheers

motionpicture said:
silvia said:
motionpicture said:

Ah, yes. Correction:

Esta mejor?

Mucho Mejor ;) 8) :D

But remember that Spain is one of the best producers of wine around the world, nothing like a good Rioja, Ribera del Duero or my favourite one, a good bottle of Priorat.

Cheers

Tony said:
How long is a piece of string - all wine enjoyment is down to individual taste - for me the fuller the red or dryer the white, the better.
With whites I am happy to glug Asda Muscadet at less than £3 a bottle, enjoy many of the Chardonnays at £4 - 5 a bottle, Chablis similar, Macon Village is nice, Pouilly Fume and my personal favourites are Sancerres from probably £8 upwards and Cote de Beaune say £10 - infinity.
Overall I prefer reds starting from M&S French Full Red(which isn't very full) but at £5 a litre is great for glugging as are many of the Ernest & Julio Gallo californian wines, another from M&S Old Vines Grenache Noir and my current favourite is an Asda antipodean called Pencil Pine at around £6.
At the moment I have bottles of Fitou, Medoc, a couple of named Chateau bottles of St.Emilion, a few Neuf du Pape and my absolute favourite which I can only afford about once a year is Gevrey Chambertin (£15-25)although anything from Nuits St George I can force down :p and when in Ibiza happy to glug Monistrol white or red and enjoy a nice Rioja like Marques de Risqual or something like that
I do enjoy my wine

Tony,
It seems you enjoy good wine, why not tasting some Spanish wines? There are several "Denominación de Origen" (translation please??), like Rioja, Ribera del Duera, Somontano (Marqués de Riscal) and my favourite one, Priorat. And for a special ocasion try to buy a bottle of Les Terrasses, is a red Priorat absolutly amazing, a bit expensive (25-35€) but worth the money.

thanks silvia

The choice of Spanish wine available in England is relatively small in comparison with French, Italian, German(oh dear me no!), Chilean, antipodean and American. I am back in Ibiza on 20th so may go to "aprop" and check the price of Priorat, Les Terrasses - may be a lot to pay to go with a picnic lunch though 8)

Re: thanks silvia

Tony said:
The choice of Spanish wine available in England is relatively small in comparison with French, Italian, German(oh dear me no!), Chilean, antipodean and American. I am back in Ibiza on 20th so may go to "aprop" and check the price of Priorat, Les Terrasses - may be a lot to pay to go with a picnic lunch though 8)

German?!?! 8) :D

Les Terrasses is not easy to find, but I'm sure you will find other good Priorats.

Let me know about it when you are back.

CHeers

Back