Drew's week in Ibiza (1st-8th August)

Drew

Friday

Arrived at Ibiza airport 6.30pm, got picked up from driver that Es-Vive sent for us. Got to hotel, unloaded cases and headed straight for bar for some lovely food and many drinks.

Saturday

Got up feeling fresh :idea: , had a little breakfast then headed straight for Bora Bora where we remained until late afternoon. Had a few drinks at hotel then headed out into town for a classy meal at El-Faro then to Dome for a good few JD & coke's. Atmosphere was top notch and the tunes were rolling out. Headed back to hotel for a few more in Es-Vive's snazzy bar. Got a decents nights kip to energise for Space ;)

Sunday

Walked to PDB for a snack at Jet Cafe. In the mean time our friend Paul (who said he wasn't coming to Ibiza) rang me to ask how things were going and asked what our plans were for the day. It seemed strange for him to ring to ask this (rather than text) so i started to wonder. Next thing we looked out and guess what, he came walking round the corner :eek: After much screaming and hugging we proceeded to Bora Bora for a few drinks and laughs.

Headed back later to get ready for Space. Decided the 3/4 lengths and vest were the way to go so threw these on and the 3 of us headed out. Felt a bit wobbly on way which was :eek: . Anyhow, no queue so straight in for a wander. We arrived around 8.30pm (late i know but we don't do daytime clubbing) and it was pretty rammed. Spend the next 2 hours listening to some crappy electro set by ??. Eventually decided to leave around 11.55 to catch a cab before everyone poured out which proved the sensible thing to do.

I counted just 4 adequate/great tunes. Tune of the night was i presume third from last. It sort of went "in luuuurve" then like 2 clicks then a wicked bassline and back into "in luuuurve" and back to the clicks and repeated like this. Very hard to expain but it was awesome. I was nicely bouncing around with a huge grin on my face - wicked!

Anyhow, back to Es-Vive for a quick freshen up (felt quite battered by now :confused: ), then on to El-Divino around 1.00am for Defected - Sandy Rivera. Hardly anyone in on arrival so got some drinks and sat out on the terrace to try and come round. Got chatting to some young guys from Hull who were quite cool. Then the best part - a couple asked if they could take a chair and sat next to us. I turned (as you do) and asked it they were having a good time and got chatting. Turned out to be a really, really nice couple from London. Anyhow spend most of the night with them and got chatting about this site - i said who i was and they kinda lept up as they are also members - Kang (Karen) and ? (sorry cant remember Ben's nick'). What a coincidence :eek:

El-Divino filled out nicely and had an awesome night - Sandy Rivera and the other guy(?) were amazing! - every tune was a winner.

Left around 6.00am and headed back to Es-Vive. Bar was quite busy with, I presume, the Space crowd (Rustywoo? et al). We were in quite a state now so had a few more drinks and a bit of a boogie. I went to bed and left my g/f and friend Paul downstairs. Ten minutes later they burst in our room in fits of laughter - they'd got the wrong floor, gone into the wrong room, switched light on and started chatting to me - only thing was it wasn't me it was 2 spanish guys (separate beds ;) ) who woke up and started shouting K-Pasa, K-pasa. So they ran out and eventually found our room - so funny!

My friend picked up his stuff and headed back to his hotel.

Top night :D

Monday

Bora Bora again then off to PinUp around 11.00pm which was much later than we intended but hey whatever. Anyhow headed inside onto the terrace which was way too hot to dance, so we stood out the way for a while and bumped into Ben and Karen again :D Went inside after 12.00 which was really, really good. Saw some friends from Sheffield and danced around for a couple of hours. Some wicked girl DJ playing - quite tribal and progressive - good stuff!

All five of us then went back to hotel bar and downed many many more drinks till around 7am. Had a brilliant time chatting with Ben and Karen - thanks guys ;)

Tuesday

Bora Bora (again! - sorry to be boring). Went into town at night for a meal at El-Farowith our new mates. Paul then headed off to El-Divino at Moneypenny's which he said was awesome and us 4 went to Dome for another good night - got thrown out at 4.00am and went home to sleep.

Wednesday

Bora Bora (surprise surprise!). Came home and rang Pacha to add Ben and Karen for meal with success. All 5 of us got to Pacha 11.00 for beautiful meal - very nice! then proceeded upstairs to terrace around 2.00. Had a bit of a chill then grooved in funky room for a while until Morillo came on. Here's where things hotted up. Morillo and Choo Choo played back to back all night - absolutely fantastic!

Wicked atmosphere despite seeing a fight and some nutter going mad in the corridor. No harm done.

Met a funny Columbian guy and his friends in the main room which was quite cool.

Left at 7.00am as it closed and headed out to locate a cab. No luck, so we headed off on foot back to Es-Vive. Walked through tunnel near castle and headed for Figurettas and stopped to admire the amazing view over the bay - absolutely breathtaking (better than any sunset). Then some stray dog linked up with us and followed us all way back :rolleyes:

Easily best night - so, so good.

Thursday

Slept until 3.00pm then headed back to Bora Bora which was utterly heaving 8)

Went back and shovelled the stuff back in cases then headed out with Ben and Karen for a ldrink in square near castle then a lovely meal at La-Ventana. Oakie was there with some friends and waiter was soooooooo funny. :lol: :lol:

Then went to Dome for a couple. I felt a little rude cos i tapped this guy to see if he could move round a little and it was only a dwarf who had to climb down, shift his stool and climb back up - oops :oops:

Very pleasant evening.

Friday

Vacated room before 12.00 then went into town with Ben and Karen for lunch and a little shopping. Bought Dome, El Divino and DC10 CD's and headed back for pickup at hotel.

Airport was nice cos Ben and Karen were flying back to Gatwick at almost same time so did more chatting and said our goodbye's :cry:

Got back home around midnight and couldn't sleep until at least 3.00am. I was so tired i couldn't sleep :eek:

Today

Got up feeling extremely tired and went to work for a while just to sort some stuff out.

Staying in tonight which seems the sensible option.

Our friend Paul flies back early hours Sunday.

Well thats it folks - did all we wanted and had the time of our lives :D

Ok, we missed DC10 but we never really planned to go. No problem.

Nice to come home to a scorching day, feel a little down but only a few weeks until we return for final Space closing.

Best year so far 8)

Smiling at ya Drew ..... XXX

You up for Morillo at BED on the 24th ?

Love Groover ..... lucky lucky you ... have the time of your life !

Drew, excellent review fella, especially loved the bit about the dwarf...pmsl :lol: This time tomorrow, we'll be in the airport....the nervous anticipation is just kicking in....reading this has just intensified. Just listening to Sandy Rivera as I type this....luvin' it 8)

Re: Ok, here we go ........

DrewUK said:
Then the best part - a couple asked if they could take a chair and sat next to us. I turned (as you do) and asked it they were having a good time and got chatting. Turned out to be a really, really nice couple from London. Anyhow spend most of the night with them and got chatting about this site - i said who i was and they kinda lept up as they are also members - Kang (Karen) and ? (sorry cant remember Ben's nick'). What a coincidence :eek:

similar thing happened to us on Pacha terrace...overheard a couple talking about spotlight and someone piped up and asked what their nicknames were. turned out to be Mr. and Mrs. D :lol:

glad you had good time Drew! :D

Thanks guys and gals ;)

Come back with a terrible cold, must be lack of sleep :confused:

Roll on September 27th :)

Great review - spose I could really say "same as" on Ben's ("BBS") and my behalf :lol: It was excellent meeting with you guys - tell Paul I'll be up in a few months for him to tend to my "do" 8) Love to Ange ;)

Kang said:
Great review - spose I could really say "same as" on Ben's ("BBS") and my behalf :lol: It was excellent meeting with you guys - tell Paul I'll be up in a few months for him to tend to my "do" 8) Love to Ange ;)

Yeah, as we said, you should get up to Sheffield for an Ibiza re-union at Bed (and a nice meal or 2) ;)

We're defo coming down to London hopefully soon, but may be after we return from Ibiza.

Keep in touch :D

DrewUK said:
We're defo coming down to London hopefully soon, but may be after we return from Ibiza.

Make sure you pop into Bint Pad as well if you're in FLT :D

Altho I don't want you nicking Tom's vests ;)

a proppa groovy funky balearic night in the heart of London folks:

www.disfunktion.com

see u there on the 23rd

I will be wearing my fave t-shirt that says FUNKY on...
come say hello all ya spotlight dudes and dudettes
:rolleyes:

Barbie said:
DrewUK said:

Make sure you pop into Bint Pad as well if you're in FLT :D

Altho I don't want you nicking Tom's vests ;)

Sure will Babs ;)

Don't worry I have some more funky vests :eek:

DrewUK said:
Friday

I went to bed and left my g/f and friend Paul downstairs. Ten minutes later they burst in our room in fits of laughter - they'd got the wrong floor, gone into the wrong room, switched light on and started chatting to me - only thing was it wasn't me it was 2 spanish guys (separate beds ;) ) who woke up and started shouting K-Pasa, K-pasa. So they ran out and eventually found our room - so funny!

PMSL
:lol: :lol:

How did they open the door??

Back