DOs and DON'TS

Hehe

This thread is getting better and better, both informative and very entertaining. I can assure all reading this, I'm no lout, never have been and never will be. Don't do footie jersies, don't do chanting stupid stuff, don't do heart shapes with my hands.
I do smile a lot, dance a lot and been know talk talk sh#t when in the zone:eek: lol
Will definitely go for a couple of nice meals and try and see a bit of the island as I'm a cultured soul, plus staying in Es Cana will mean a bit of travelling any way.

DO the Sunday Roast at Pikes Hotel and do book in advance.

Do the West End at least once

DO Tapas at Tapas Lounge Bar & Restaurant in San Antonio

Don't entirely neglect Es Cana,there are some cool places hiding there...
Also some good beach and cliff walks to the North and South of the village,if you like that sort of thing.
Do go to Guarana in Santa Eulalia,funky stuff...free entry,open all night,taxi about €7 from Es Cana.

DONT - Get in illegal taxis, been guilty of this myself but there not safe !

DO - Listen to Trance

DONT - WEAR SUNGLASSES IN CLUBS

DONT - BE AFRAID TO DANCE

DO - VISIT THE WEST END

DONT - SHAG AN AFRICAN PROZZY

DO - ENJOY YOURSELF

DONT - DO DRUGS

DO make an effort to walk round the old town, stunning views, it's free and the place is gorgeous.

DONT stop and talk to every street hawker who shouts at you for attention

DO tip well if the service was good.

DO be polite when you say you're not interested in SUNGLASSES OR LAZERS or FREE DRINKS.

DONT spend all your time drinking/eating at the same places

DO try an alternative sunset place (sunset ashram, golden buddha)
DONT be totally put off the west end, theres a few decent bars (Hush)
DO hire a car if you have the chance
DONT be afraid of less-hyped nights/venues
DO seek out some great restaurants (es Caliu shouldnt be too far from Es Cana for you)
DONT eat on the San An main strip by the fountains (go to Rincon de Pepe 2mins away instead)
DO people watch with a coffee at Mar Y sol in the port of Ibiza
DONT get too wrecked you dont remember it!
DO do do de da da da
DONT push me (Im close to the edge)

DO NOT listen to any DO/DONT-lists :idea:

one xception:
ffs - DO NOT form ****ing hearts with your hands :spank: :twisted:

+1 I hate those hearts

There is no point going to the West End unless you are actually staying there or you've been to Ibiza about 20 times and have already sampled the more favourable options.

Walk to the top of the old town it's a beautiful and magical place it almost doesn't feel real. It will also give you your slice of culture brownie points without being too 'middle aged tourist'

look at the party calendar and go to the places which has the music you like. If you need to whittle it down to a few events ask on here or check YouTube to see which events have the best atmosphere. Also check out the bar events forum as sometimes you get good events held in venues which aren't classed as clubs but have brilliant atmospheres e.g. Underground

Don't buy yourself a pair of real ray bans before you arrive and think your going to look cool in your expensive shades. Buy 10 pairs in every colour when you arrive

I'm not having that. I'll be cranking the trance to the max in Ibiza this year and always. ;)

I'd say,

DON'T restrict yourself to one resort all holiday - whether it be by bus, car, taxi - travel around a bit.

DON'T overplan every single night out to the last detail - a big clubber with always look at the party calander and say 'I'm seeing him, them, him, her" but when you actually arrive be more laid back about it.

DON'T do a month's worth of drinking in the airport. Do your drinking in the best place in the world, not the most boring, soul-dead place in the world. You'll need that energy later.

DON'T get illegal taxis

DON'T go for every single deal offered to you by every PR rep without thinking about it - 'free bar' often means watered down sangria and SOTB in some god-awful pre-bar. Remember these girls are not talking to you because you are 'in there' they are selling you stuff.

DON'T fall asleep on the beach - it's illegal and my mates got robbed doing it last year.

DON'T roudily sing football songs - i've been guilty in the past and I'm ashamed of myself for it. :spank:

On a more positive note :

DO be open-mninded

[DO listen to trance - lots of it. Annoy your house-listening neighbours with it....]

Since when has it been illegal to fall asleep on the beach, my hubby has done it every year, I sit and read and he falls asleep in the sun, :lol::lol::lol:

Since when has it been illegal to fall asleep on the beach, my hubby has done it every year, I sit and read and he falls asleep in the sun, :lol::lol::lol:

I'd check that one if I were you. It could only be at certain times of night/day but it could be something you get collared for.

Much more dangerous if you're on your own, obviously. Fairly high risk of getting heat stoke/sunburn during the day, or being robbed (like my mates were) during the night....

dont get bummed
dont get skid your draws
dont listen to other people telling you what to do and not to do, find out yourself

Back