Dormitory Style Accomodations

Rebecca G

Any reason why dormitory style accomodations don't exist in Ibiza? It would be a great way for single travellers to meet up with others...not that I've had any problems. 8) Please list any that do exist.

I can't help... I have no idea... and have travelled in many countries using dorm accommodations.

However, the last place I would want to be after a night out is in some dorm room with some muppet fluffing around on the bunk bed on top of me.

I need my dark and quiet and place to chill in Ibiza!

I've been to Ibiza several times now, and have never had troubles meeting people either, so maybe it's just not that much in demand?

I did think there was a hostel(dorm style) somewhere though...

There are 10 hostels listed under San An accommodations on Ibiza-Spotlight. I'm not sure which ones have communal rooms and which ones are just low-rent hotels, but I'm sure some of them fit your concept.

yeah but hostels in ibiza just means small, family run hotel.

i think ibiza made a decision a while back to avoid dorm type places so that crusty, american back packers stay away............west end beer boys and eurotrash are just fine.

didn't stop you tho did it mezza, although you're not american are you? still sound the same like....;)

Not true, Grego. I checked the descriptions and at least a couple of them do have that dorm-style system!

Prepare for an invasion of Yankee backpackers :lol:

Hostal is roughly translated as "Guest House"

From memory I dont think Ibiza law allows that type of accommodation to be licenced............ I stand to be corrected though

Last edited by a moderator:
hot sweaty cockroach/bedbug-ridden hostel in the middle of the spanish summer?

(pass)

yeah but hostels in ibiza just means small, family run hotel.

i think ibiza made a decision a while back to avoid dorm type places so that crusty, american back packers stay away............west end beer boys and eurotrash are just fine.

didn't stop you tho did it mezza, although you're not american are you? still sound the same like....;)

har har.. I can do crusty!!! ;)

I've stayed in many hostels and never had the pleasure of cockroach infested accommodations. I guess I'm lucky!

Well....maybe Ibiza just doesn't want the backpacker element coming? I'm not a backpacker, but I'd rather spend all my money on other things besides a room I'm only using to recuperate in.

I checked out most of the hostels and I have yet to find a dormitory style accommodation. They are usually just a bigger room for a group. :rolleyes:

Back