dont go to the formentera...

Rosie

the island or whatever it was, was horrible... the beach was dirty to many cigarette butts.... and we were trapped over there like sheprecked or something.... gilagan's island... waste of time and money....

rosie,

that's the first time i hae ever heard something like that - what a shame, you must have been very disappointed. i have never experienced it like that.

Re: dont go to the formentria sorry if spelled wrong... dont

Rosie said:
the island or whatever it was, was horrible... the beach was dirty to many cigarette butts.... and we were trapped over there like sheprecked or something.... gilagan's island... waste of time and money....

are you sure you went to formentera?? :lol: :lol: :lol: never heard of this

Re: dont go to the formentria sorry if spelled wrong... dont

Rosie said:

Seriously Rosie :eek: I think the beaches at Formentera are beautiful and it's so chilled away from all the madness of Ibiza. Where abouts did you go when you got off ferry??

well we took the formentria from the back of our hotel los molinos... beautiful hotel by the way.... i loved it beautiful location and view... but maybe my experience wasnt what i thought it would be... we docked on some rocks... had to walk through all the rocks which had some glass on them... probly from bottles...thats another question why arent there alot of trash cans out there??? but anyway.... then we had to walk through the rocks then the water to get to the island... then one side was dirty and the other somewhat clean but then i had to pay 15 euro just to sit there...

well this made me :evil: mad... but what the hell im in ibiza so how mad can i really get right....
then people smoking all over the place throwing there butts on the sand..i dont know cigarette companies make a killin over there...
anyway... maybe i expected more.... i am from costa rica and puerto rico and thats one thing puerto rico has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world... with clear water palm trees food and music ... over there it was plain.... well its ok.... i just know not to go back there .... ill wait to go to puerto rico...

love life, love music , love ibiza :lol:

again,

that's a real shame :-(

i have been to mexico and mauritius recently and both of those couldn't compare to the beaches and water quality of formentera.

you must have really picked an unlucky spot to get off the boat.

That's a shame Rosie, I love going over to Formentera for the day, chilling on the beaches and coming back all refreshed.

We've never hired bikes/scooters, just used buses or taxis and always found nice beaches.

Rosie said:
hey do u think its because i didnt have a bike to travel the formentera ????

Rosie, it's a big shame you didn't enjoy Formentera. IMO, it's the most beautiful of the balearic islands by far.
If you take the regular ferry, the one from Ibiza Harbour it drops you at Ses Sabines, Formentera Harbour. The sight of Ses Sabines from the Ferry has no price.
Once there it's very recommendable to hire a bike. THe island is very small so you can reach nice beaches easely.
Really, if you read some of the reviews/treats about Formentera you'll see that you probably had very bad look.

ok... thats it i have decided that i will give it a second try...
i need i guide thats all...
i love ibiza and u know what i will give it a second try ...lets see if we can convience him...

The ferry Rosie took lets you off at ses Illetas. After you cross the rocks, you have a crowded beach to your left and the one on the right has about 10 expensive umbrellas which everyone had reserved despite not even sitting under them! At least, that's what I experienced there last month.

All that said, the water is clear and beautiful (except in spots with the seaweeds) all along that coast. I am sure there are better beaches elsewhere on the island but I didn't have time to check. We walked to Port de la Savina and got scooters, which was also a blast.

Those round-trip ferries don't really give you enough time to explore the island.

yes yes yes... that is the formentera i experienced... that is it, i see it now... i almost busted my a#$ walking on those rocks...i didnt know i would be climbing rocks, i would've wore some other shoes... i thought we land i can take off my shoes in the sand.... ooohhh what a day that was... and the whole vacation it was sunny and on the formentera day it was beautiful and then we got there and in a distance gleaming over the rocks i was climbing here came this little rain cloud... u can imagine the rest...oooohhh what memories... its sorta funny now that i look back on it....
:rolleyes:

hehehehe

>> sort of funny

that's a great attitude rosie ;)

well at least you went there - most visitors to ibiza never even go there!

thats it we're going back just not to that damn spot....
and im going to go next time through the harbor...
should i get a bike that day???
i should it sounds like more fun...plus if i fall off there wont be any traffic to squish me ...

Am doing the Formentara thing this year for the afternoon, maybe the day. But am interested in seeing Ibiza from a distance at sea level and seeing these wikkid beaches that everyone goes on about.

Hope ur next trip back to Formentara is better, Rosie.

Cheers,
Ter

If there is anything I learned is that it is better to get off at the second stop (after Ses Illetas, the boat continues on to Port de la Savina). There are no rocks there...

Then rent yourself a scooter, explore, grab a bite to eat, check out the beaches, etc. You can get back on the boat at the port too, about 15 minutes before it picks everyone up at Illetas. If you're skiddish about scooters, get a bike or take a taxi or bus to the beaches.

A one day trip is just enough to figure all this out but not enough to do it. I'm definitely glad I made the effort though, finally, on my 4th Ibiza trip.

yeah im going to write that down so we know for next time...
can we bring a radio to the beach or would we be annoying..???
in puerto rico there is music at the beach and people cooking and playing games.... it would be fun ....but im not cooking well get some food or make picnic ....

if you are not playing to loud, theres no problem with the music,...or just ask the people around, maybe you make a small fiesta ;)

Back