Do you really need to rent a car?

N

Going to Ibiza for the first time next week but wanted to know do you really need to rent a car to enjoy Ibiza or can you get around by bus or taxi?

Depends what you want to do.

If you want to get from one main area to another then the buss system is fairlygood and taxis are available.

But if you want to go explore and find a small beach or little village then get a car......

Definitely get a car, if only for a day or two.

There are so many gorgeous parts of the island that you can only really get to by car as the buses don't run there. It also enables you to visit the best beaches and do a little more than just the obvious touristy destinations.

It's not that expensive either. I've been to Ibiza three times and only hired a car for the first time last week and I wish I'd done it sooner.

If you want to see the best of the island, then rent a car.

Buses don't really take you anywhere and to do it by taxi will cost a fortune.

There are beautiful beaches, bays and lookouts to the north, east and south that are only accessible by car.

You will be glad you did.

yes u really do need to rent a car!

relaying on cabs is a pain in the ass. not to mention way too expensive!

Never rented a car and have alwasy got on fine. Dont think I'd be safe driving over there afetr all the nights out :lol:

if you want to visit all of the beautiful beaches, and you want to get away from playa den bossa, ibiza town, and san antonio then yes, you will need a car.

Fergie19 said:
Never rented a car and have alwasy got on fine. Dont think I'd be safe driving over there afetr all the nights out :lol:

I certainly wouldn't do it after a night out, but for the day you really see a different side to Ibiza that you can't access by bus or unless you want to spend a fortune of a taxi fare.

We rented a small Nissan. Funny how fast I got used to a Diesel engine. (I'm American, you only see them in big trucks here!) Without this coche, I don't think we'd do anything but club. The car was our lifeline to nice beaches and all the other stuff. Get a car.

ive been over 30 times to the island, never without a rented car,...you cant explore the beauty without a car ;)

Back