Do most of the street shops take credit or cash only?

R

RJO

Trying to decide how much cash I should carry? Always like to use the credit card where I can -- I like the miles.

Also, is American Express accepted most everywhere?

Thanks

El_Diablo said:
of course u can pay with credit card, you are not travelling to an african country or something ;)

Wasn't implying that you are in the third world. . . little touchy aren't you?

First time there. Didn't know if the shops were make shift kiosks that go up and down every day, or if they are permanent brick and morter type stores.

RJO said:
El_Diablo said:
of course u can pay with credit card, you are not travelling to an african country or something ;)

Wasn't implying that you are in the third world. . . little touchy aren't you?

First time there. Didn't know if the shops were make shift kiosks that go up and down every day, or if they are permanent brick and morter type stores.
permanent brick stores, dont worry youll find the same shop the next day :lol:

Now, assuming I don't carry a lot of cash around with me, which is my preference, how is the exchange rate in the ATMs?

RJO said:
Now, assuming I don't carry a lot of cash around with me, which is my preference, how is the exchange rate in the ATMs?

That is most deffinately dictated by your bank.

They will have an exchange rate, and often a markup of a certain percentage on top to cover "handling charges" (which is on top of any cash advance charges/interest rates).

You will have to contact the card provider to check the rate and if they charge additional fee's.

Back