do any clubs in ibiza play hip hop and r&b?

I dont think so its all about the dance scene

But if you hear a car roll by blastin Diplomats-Gangsta Music then its prob me :D Dam that songs hot

rNb

you can find a cuple of garage nights san an.

for rnb hip hop jungle old skool check out the following.

all these are in the west end so their bars not clubs

the kremlin bar. rnb and garage.sgt peppers rnb and old skool hip hop on thursdays i thinksoul city every think garage,rnb, hip hop soul. the lot.night life has a a splimatt player every 2 weeks propare old skool set well worht doing it is free but venue is not to hot but. slpimatt is always class.
hope this helps you out if you seek you shall find... 8)

Not dissing garage/R & B, but lets keep Ibiza the House thing please.

Ibiza IS house and always will be.

If it aint broke, don't fix it ;)

DrewUK said:
Not dissing garage/R & B, but lets keep Ibiza the House thing please.

totally agree - there are other places to go if you like garage and r&b... ayia napa for example (?)

No hip hop here!!!

If you don't like House, then my friend, your're out of luck!!
I always tell people here, if you're going just because you think Ibiza is the next new Cancun for partying then you're going for the wrong reasons!!! You have to have a passion for the scene because, after all, that is what has kept Ibiza magical for soooo long!! Never the less, good luck with the R&B hunt!!

Absolutely right Nadia.....I went to cancun for spring break and liked it but there's nothing like ibiza....and one of the big reasons is b/c of the AWESOME PEOPLE AND MUSIC.......if you are coming to ibiza keep an open mind and forget about hip hop and RB for the duration you are there.

on of my buddies last year wasn't too fond of trance/house/techno...but after there experience in ibiza everytime they hear the beats now....it takes them right back and a smile arises on their faces :) :lol:

so good luck
nik

Never liked hip hop cos it tends to have an aggressive feel :twisted: which wouldn't work in a chilled atmos like ibiza.

And R & B always sounds a little too cheesy and commercial for me :confused:

House can be intoxicating whicg goes with the Ibiza vibe 8)

:cry: it's a shame that so many of you are closed into your own small little world, hip hop and r&b is wonderful...as is euro, techno, pop,reggae.. and any other type of music. you have no right judging any other person's interest in music and can not claim to have a "passion" for music if you don't apreciate all types of it. there is nothing wrong in promoting hip hop in ibiza.....we don't have to have the same tastes... :rolleyes: and for the one who claimed that hip hop is "angry" what's the deal with drug promoting techno? more people have overdosed at raves than people have house parties..

kk said:
:cry: it's a shame that so many of you are closed into your own small little world, hip hop and r&b is wonderful...as is euro, techno, pop,reggae.. and any other type of music. you have no right judging any other person's interest in music and can not claim to have a "passion" for music if you don't apreciate all types of it. there is nothing wrong in promoting hip hop in ibiza.....we don't have to have the same tastes... :rolleyes: and for the one who claimed that hip hop is "angry" what's the deal with drug promoting techno? more people have overdosed at raves than people have house parties..

Never said anything about overdosing!

Hip Hop is all about attitude and can sound quite agressive, which wouldn't work well in Ibiza.

Anyone ever been to Ayia Napa - f***in aweful!

You're either one or the other IMO.

it's all down to the music

i prefere trance to house.

but ibiza ia all about the music thats what makes it what it is.

keep the ibiza the way it is leave the hip hop and rnb in cyprus.

I think there is a genuine split in musical tastes.

For example I was in Cardiff this weekend and we were asking directions to a club, every person we asked said "Why are you going there? it's full of people with glowsticks dancing to trance", repeatedly they would indicate a "better"club but then wen't on to say it was Hip Hip, R&B and Garage.

Needless to say we ignored their advice and had an excellent night with hard house and trance.

I would never go to a garage night or even hip hop and RnB quite simply because I love Trance and Hard House and there is no attitude, no one is trying to look cool or show any signs of aggression and people lose it proper to the music.

Let me put it this way, I have never seen a fight at ANY trance night I have ever been to (and that must be about 100 nights or so by now). But my local club was shut down when it had a garage night as there were two people shot (you would NEVER get people bringing guns to a trance night, well not unless they shot some lasers or dry ice etc....)

I agree that we shouldn't discount others tastes, but Hip Hop, R&B etc.. has nothing to offer me. We all want to go to Ibiza for the summer because it has the best clubs and music line-ups going for Trance and House music and a vibe that just fits the music scene to a tee!-
you would never get me to go to Aya-napa to try to look hard or cool!

THANK GOD FOR IBIZA, and oasis of lovely tunes in a world where scowl music (as I like to call it) seems to be taking over.

Completely agree with what you all have been saying but altho I am the house queen (with a little bit of trance lol!) I still listen to other music when I am at home or in my car.

Stuff like Missy Elliot who is the Mummy IMO, Eminem, Ms Dynamite, 50 Cents etc etc, there is some great music out there, like Rob said there shouldn't be any musical boundaries :)

I agree with the concept of variety for music, unfortunately I don't listen to a wide range of music as I am usually found on my decks every evening with my House and Trance. However, as soon as I am outside my bubble (i.e. not in the same house as my decks) I love to listen to a variety of tunes but I wouldn't buy much of it as my hard earned pennies go on my vinyl collection.

damn everyone needs to chill and realize that not all of us are into that same beat techno, trance shit(no disrespect to that type of music)but i personally cant listen to it for longer than 10 minutes. And yes i know ibiza is MAINLY house, trance etc...place but i just wanted to know if there was anywhere on that island that played hip hop or r&b. thanks for all you that told me some places that do play hip hop and r&b. and all you disrespecting hip hop talking about nonsense like aggression, guns, etc... i have one word for you IGNORANT!!!! bye :lol:

Back