DJ's that have re-surfaced after some time off your radar

Yes she has started producing techno

The Lashed night was full on hard house, at a time when it was quite big in the UK, lots of hoovers and donks! Eden wasn't busy really, but the people that were there jeez, no idea where these people went the rest of the week, but they really were the dregs lol, you know that funny video on youtube that has done the rounds of Wigan Bounce, well it was just like that

Think hard house really started to die off around mid 2000's

I've never really met anyone into "hard house". it was always 2 notches up from gabba on the jokeometer. Think it was mainly a northern thing - nobody in London listened to it apart from Australian backpackers on speed.

struggling to think of many DJs who 'came back' - most people I know never stopped. That said, I'm going to have to google Lottie, Billy Nasty, DJ Rap, Fabi Paras, CJ Mackintosh, Claudio Coccoluto...

DJ Rap moved to the US and still makes music, although its very different from her jungle days, mix between break beat and commercial d&b, guess she is trying to appeal to the US EDM market

She used to be a model in the 80s, and if you google it, there are pictures of her with her big bushy minge out!

Haha! I wouldn’t go that far but each to their own. Some good producers in there, I’m sure a few have switched over to techno now. I highly doubt you could get me to a night these days.
I was referring to the full on messiness of it all:D

We stopped going years ago but happened to be in Ibiza when Lashes night was on- obviously we went. It is too hard/fast and I wonder how we danced to it!

We were surprised the crowd had familiar faces from raves we’ve been at years previously in the UK, we were always outsiders really, not ‘cyber kids’, the ones we recognised said there were events organised all week which catered for their taste.

A friend visited from Qatar yesterday, who’d been to watch a kids theatre production in Sheffield...advertised “Tidy 23rd Birthday” Agreed we were getting older

I was referring to the full on messiness of it all:D

We stopped going years ago but happened to be in Ibiza when Lashes night was on- obviously we went. It is too hard/fast and I wonder how we danced to it!

We were surprised the crowd had familiar faces from raves we’ve been at years previously in the UK, we were always outsiders really, not ‘cyber kids’, the ones we recognised said there were events organised all week which catered for their taste.

A friend visited from Qatar yesterday, who’d been to watch a kids theatre production in Sheffield...advertised “Tidy 23rd Birthday” Agreed we were getting older

I’ve also noticed that, mainly with the trance scene - same faces at the majority of events. Don’t know them from Adam but you just know them as the regulars at those nights.

I’ve seen the Tidy event advertised here in Sheffield, it’s being held at the current home of crasher. It’s a good venue, 5 different rooms and stairs and little passages all over the shop to have a wander around.

I've never really met anyone into "hard house". it was always 2 notches up from gabba on the jokeometer. Think it was mainly a northern thing - nobody in London listened to it apart from Australian backpackers on speed.

Defo not my thing but early 00’s it certainly had its place in London at Egg, Trade @ Turnmills etc. Tidy, Riot and some of the afters were pretty hard house orientated

I was half-seeing an Aussie girl years ago and went to some hard house at Brixton Academy fully of exactly these guys. Christ, they took some drugs !

Last edited:
Defo not my thing but early 00’s it certainly had its place in London at Egg, Trade @ Turnmills etc. Tidy, Riot and some of the afters were pretty hard house orientated

Frantic and Baggleys used to run huge Hardhouse Nights plus all the above. Hardhouse has its place in London in the 00s

struggling to think of many DJs who 'came back' - most people I know never stopped. That said, I'm going to have to google Lottie, Billy Nasty, DJ Rap, Fabi Paras, CJ Mackintosh, Claudio Coccoluto...
Hh was big in London (trade)

A lot of the djs charged names and reinvented

I booked tom star for a hh gig when he was called ingo Star

Used to love it but quickly grew out of it ,

Ok i stand corrected but that would’ve been a parallel universe which had no connection to any Lodon nightlife i knew. Nearest i came was probably a ‘psytrance’ event at the fridge in brixton where two people dressed as robots had sex on a stage. More Spacemission than Manumission.. (lots of Israelis for some reason)

Saw that Judge Jules is doing a gatecrasher set soon. . Gets around that lad, along with. . .seb fontain

I went to the Eddie Halliwell night at Eden.
It was an odd one. He played some techno and even threw in TOU's Energy52 remix. Mostly though he played what to my ear was hard house with classic trance vocals over the top. There was a hardcore contingent of his fans present "EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE!" Mostly kids and a lot of northerners. Probably also the least attractive crowd I've ever seen anywhere on the island - including at Bongo's Bingo. In total, about 300 people. All that said, it wasn't nearly as terrible as I had feared.

that honestly sounds amazing (horrendous):lol:

Seb Fontaine does alot of B2B sets with Tall Paul, who still both Dj independantly loads. Clockwork Orange this coming weekend at Benimussa park for one example.

Quite alot of the 90's are getting loads of bookings as the crown back then have mainly semi-retired from clubbing to have careers/kids and now they're gettng itchy feet so are look to party again. Every Clockwork Orange gig in London sells out in about 1hr!

Loads of the orignal Haciends lot are still gigging too.

Back