Djing in Ibiza

D

DJ Ecksta C

'Ello all!

Hope you all had a good time if/when you did!

Just wondering if anybody out there has any info/advice on getting a DJ spot out there (bar/small club).

Style of music i'd play is pretty hard, fast acidy. (faster than hard house - actul name for it is hardcore/freeform)

Any info/links would be wicked!

Cheers,
Dave

DJ Biff

ok take it from me.
1. don't listen to anybody from this forum.
2. change your name. i've already forgotten it. dj biff has a real ring about it, but i've already got that name.
3. change your music. hardcore/freeform is out. eclectic shock is in.
4. don't listen to anybody from this forum.

djb

D

DJ Ecksta C

I went out for a couple of weeks, and heard absolutely no freeform out there.
Heard some hard trance, and a bit of tekno - but that was about as hard as it got. I was wondering if anywhere would be interested in playing something different - making it a bit different.
I think if I took vinyl over there - it'd be freeform, hard trance + tekno.
BTW -> That name is just a joke ;)

DJ Biff

you're telling me it's a joke.

btw just stick to what everybody wants. some nice, safe, un-unconventional house music just like all the others, and you'll be alright.

djb

james

Administrator
Staff member
great advice biff,

speaking like a true professional whos worked his way up from the gutter. there's no substitute for blood and tears in this vicious game ;-)

it is very hard to get any sort of gig sorted out without being on the isladn, so the best thing would be to get here in may and ask / beg around. not sure whether ibiza is really the place for your style of music - to be honest most play much slower. hard house has been tried here, but only occasionally has it been successful in the clubs and never in the pre-club bars where most djs play

DJ Biff

yup.
i have seen tomorrow's music in ibiza.
it's the same as yesterday's

talk about pushing forward the boundaries!
how doooooooo they get away with it?

djb

McRackin

Super Moderator
DJ Biff said:
just stick to what everybody wants. some nice, safe, un-unconventional house music just like all the others, and you'll be alright.
roflmao.gif

M

MrMiyagi

The best thing to do is to bring over loads of your mix cds/mds and if you have some kind of portfolio that would be an advantage. and dont start trying, im not a fan of your music but respect what you play its better than the usual tripe that comes out of clubs nowadays

Dont mind "dj biff" he just a failed dj(joke) who wanted to make it to the top but wasnt good enough :cry: :cry: :cry: (joke)

A

al:uk

DJ Biff said:
ok take it from me.
1. don't listen to anybody from this forum.
2. change your name. i've already forgotten it. dj biff has a real ring about it, but i've already got that name.
3. change your music. hardcore/freeform is out. eclectic shock is in.
4. don't listen to anybody from this forum.

djb
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i hope you're not serious!