Djing in Ibiza

D

DJ Ecksta C

'Ello all!

Hope you all had a good time if/when you did!

Just wondering if anybody out there has any info/advice on getting a DJ spot out there (bar/small club).

Style of music i'd play is pretty hard, fast acidy. (faster than hard house - actul name for it is hardcore/freeform)

Any info/links would be wicked!

Cheers,
Dave

ok take it from me.
1. don't listen to anybody from this forum.
2. change your name. i've already forgotten it. dj biff has a real ring about it, but i've already got that name.
3. change your music. hardcore/freeform is out. eclectic shock is in.
4. don't listen to anybody from this forum.

djb

I went out for a couple of weeks, and heard absolutely no freeform out there.
Heard some hard trance, and a bit of tekno - but that was about as hard as it got. I was wondering if anywhere would be interested in playing something different - making it a bit different.
I think if I took vinyl over there - it'd be freeform, hard trance + tekno.
BTW -> That name is just a joke ;)

you're telling me it's a joke.

btw just stick to what everybody wants. some nice, safe, un-unconventional house music just like all the others, and you'll be alright.

djb

great advice biff,

speaking like a true professional whos worked his way up from the gutter. there's no substitute for blood and tears in this vicious game ;-)

it is very hard to get any sort of gig sorted out without being on the isladn, so the best thing would be to get here in may and ask / beg around. not sure whether ibiza is really the place for your style of music - to be honest most play much slower. hard house has been tried here, but only occasionally has it been successful in the clubs and never in the pre-club bars where most djs play

yup.
i have seen tomorrow's music in ibiza.
it's the same as yesterday's

talk about pushing forward the boundaries!
how doooooooo they get away with it?

djb

DJ Biff said:
just stick to what everybody wants. some nice, safe, un-unconventional house music just like all the others, and you'll be alright.
roflmao.gif

The best thing to do is to bring over loads of your mix cds/mds and if you have some kind of portfolio that would be an advantage. and dont start trying, im not a fan of your music but respect what you play its better than the usual tripe that comes out of clubs nowadays

Dont mind "dj biff" he just a failed dj(joke) who wanted to make it to the top but wasnt good enough :cry: :cry: :cry: (joke)

DJ Biff said:
ok take it from me.
1. don't listen to anybody from this forum.
2. change your name. i've already forgotten it. dj biff has a real ring about it, but i've already got that name.
3. change your music. hardcore/freeform is out. eclectic shock is in.
4. don't listen to anybody from this forum.

djb
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i hope you're not serious!

Back